By Mohammed Baba-Busu
Lafia, Nov. 8, 2019 Mr Samuel Tsebe, a member of the Nasarawa State House of Assembly, has said that his victory at the appellate court had energised him to serve his Akwanga South Constituency “with everything at my disposal”.
“My victory has vindicated me and confirmed the people’s mandate. I can now fully concentrate on serving my people without any distraction,” Tsebe, who won on the ticket of the PDP, told newsmen on Friday in Lafia.
The Nigeria News Agency , reports that the Court of Appeal Court in Makurdi on Friday dismissed an appeal filed by the immediate past member representing the constituency, Alhaji Kassim Kassim of the APC.
Kassim, who was defeated in the elections held in March, challenged Tsebe’s victory at the elections tribunal in Lafia, but lost.
He took the matter to the appeal court where he, again, lost to Tsebe.
“I dedicate my victory to the Almighty God and to the good people of Akwanga South Constituency who massively voted for me during the poll.
“The tribunal and Appeal Court judgements have vindicated me and re-affirmed my declaration as the duly elected member representing Akwanga south as declared by INEC.
“I want to use this medium to extend a hand of friendship to Kassim who contested against the outcome of the election. He should join hands with me so that we will take Akwanga South to greater heights,” he said.
Tsebe thanked stakeholders of the constituency and his supporters for praying and standing firm throughout the period of his campaign as well as the Tribunal and Appeal Court sessions.
Edited by Ephraims Sheyin
- Tokyo 2020: Olympic Eagles bounce back to reckoning
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed