The District Head of Wakama District in Nasarawa state, Chief Adams Makka-Nangba, has appealed to parents and guardians to ensure good education for their female children.
He said that the development of any society depended on the quality of education given to the girl-child, hence the need for parents to embrace it.
According to him, education is the best legacy parents could bequeath to their children for development to thrive in the society.
The monarch maintained that educating the girl-child empowers them to be able to make decisions for themselves in terms of marriage and career.
He added that educating a girl-child would also reduces social vices being perpetrated by young women as it would avail them the opportunity to be focused and make informed decision concerning their future.
“I want to commend you for your efforts in uniting the women and other people of this area, as the importance of unity and peace to societal development could not be over-emphasised.
“I want to use this medium to advise you and other people to give adequate attention to the education of their female children.
“As educating a girl-child is like educating the whole nation. This importance of girl child education cannot be over-emphasized to the socio- economic development of the society.
“Proper education given to the girl child as well as promoting girl child education will help in discourages early marriage and other social vices among girls for the betterment of the society, “he said.
Makka-Nangba urged stakeholders in the area to support the women to enable them succeed in the task ahead of them.
The district head urged his subjects and other Nigerians to live in peace and tolerate one another irrespective of their affiliations for the overall development of the country.
Earlier, Mrs Patricia Christopher, Chairperson, ECDA Women Wing, Wakama chapter said that the meeting was aimed at discussing issues on ways to move the association and the area forward.
She appreciated the efforts of the district head and other stakeholders for their contributions to the development of the association, the state and the country at large.
Edited By: Ifeyinwa Okonkwo and Isaac Ukpoju
Watch Live News
Make A Comment
- Ex-Reps member, Katung applauds El-Rufai’s handling of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Custodial Center takes steps to protect inmates
- COVID-19 Lockdown: Food shortage hits Bayelsa as prices soar
- We are inspiring thousands of African storytellers – MultiChoice
- COVID-19: Nasarawa govt. lauds residents for observing sanitation
- COVID-19: NMA calls for more staffing of health facilities in Kwara
- COVID-19: Kebbi govt shuts borders
- COVID-19: CAN supports Sunday service suspension in Niger
- Covid-19: No panic, observe precautionary measures – 2 Face Idibia
- Akeredolu advises residents to steer clear of explosion site