. The police in Nasarawa, on Tuesday said they will soon charge two fake corps members, Njoku Chidi and Winifred Ahamefula, to court with alleged forgery.
ASP Rahman Nansel, the state’s Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), told newsmen in Lafia that Chidi, male, and Ahamefula, female, were arrested at the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) orientation camp in Keffi.
He said that the two youth who got cleared to participate in the national youth service in the state would be charged to court after investigations.
The PPRO said the duo claimed to have graduated from Imo state University.
Speaking to newsmen, Mrs Ramatu Sanda, NYSC Coordinator in the state, said that Chidi and Ahamefula presented forged clearance certificates to serve in the state.
She said the scheme’s state office received a tip-off from the office of the NYSC Director-General concerning the two fake corps members and took steps towards tracking them down.
“They told us that they still had some repeat courses, they believed that they can escape it, they paid some persons to clear them for the service.
“So we had to hand them over to the police for further investigation, they are no longer our corps members,” she said.
Edited by Azubuike Okeh/Donald Ugwu
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business
- Gov. Bello of Niger appoints SUBEB chairman, members
- Gov. Akeredu dissolves Task Force on Farmers Registration
- Israel, Germany to set up aging research centre
- Gov. Akeredolu appoints Atere as SSA on women affairs
- Retired Police Officers want 13 months pension released, special gratuity at 300% increase
- Gov. Bello appoints Abubakar as new MD of NIGROMA
- Reps. urge JAMB to extend compulsory use of NIN till 2021
- FEC ratifies bill for domestication of international convention against doping
- Reps. C’ttee frowns as NCS fails to appear on allegations of extra judicial killings