Lafia, May 13,2019 The Speaker, Nasarawa State House of Assembly, Alhaji Ibrahim Abdullahi, has said that the state university in Keffi would remain a great and outstanding asset of the state government.
Abdullahi said this on Monday when he received the Vice Chancellor, Nasarawa State University, Prof. Suleiman Mohammed, and his management team, during a courtesy call in Lafia.
He said the state was proud to own the institution, adding that the state House of Assembly would support the university with every necessary legislation.
He said that legislative backing that would enable the university achieve its prospects of being one of the world class citidals of learning in tbe country would be ensured.
“Nasarawa State University is one of the great and outstanding assets of the state.
“The state assembly will continue to give the institution every necessary support through legislative backing to enable it succeed.
“Education is the best legacy government should leave for its citizenry, hence the need for our support,” he said.
Abdullahi while felicitating with the VC for his recent confirmation from Acting to substantive Vice Chancellor, enjoined him to build on the solid foundation he put in place so far.
The speaker restated the continued commitment of the House to pass resolutions and enact bills that have direct bearing on the education sector and called for its sustenance.
Earlier, Mohammed told the speaker that they were in his office to felicitate with him for his re-election to the state Assembly considering his track records of achievements.
The vice chancellor urged the speaker to consolidate on his achievements by initiating people’s oriented programmes that would have direct bearing on the people of his constituency and the state at large.
- Insecurity: CSOs call FG to intensify effort to allow farmers access farmlands
- COVID 19: Foundation begins online medical intervention
- COVID-19: PTF reverts govt working hours to 8a.m. to 4p.m. for GL 12 upward
- NIPC boss considers Shoprite strategic investment in Nigeria
- UNDP, EU want strong legislation to end rape, violence against women
- Buhari sympathises with Lebanon over massive explosions
- Post-COVID-19: Feed miller urges youths to embrace agribusiness for sustainability to embrace agribusiness for sustainability
- COVID-19: United States lifts global travel advisory
- Prof. Sule, Plateau SUBEB boss, gets fresh tenure
- SSANU, NASU threaten strike over unresolved issues with FG