NASS Leadership: Oyo ALGON congratulates Lawan, Gbajabiamila
The Association of Local Governments of Nigeria (ALGON), Oyo State Chapter, has congratulated Sen. Ahmed Lawan and Rep. Femi Gbajabiamila on their election as the Senate President and Speaker of the House of Representatives respectively.
A congratulatory message to the newly elected officers, signed by its Chairman and Secretary, Prince Ayodeji Abass-Aleshinloye and Pastor Jesutoye Oluyinka, was made available to News Agency of Nigeria on Thursday in Ibadan.
ALGON, in the congratulatory message, said it was proud of their achievements and doggedness as they climb the political ladder.
The association congratulated other members of the National Assembly (NASS) on their inauguration, urging the new leadership to further ensure stability and unity of the country, while working hard to deepen the nation’s democracy.
“The Executive Council and entire members of ALGON in Oyo State heartily congratulate you all on the attainment of your new offices as members of the ninth National Assembly,’’ it said.
The ALGON also congratulated Hon. Debo Ogundoyin (PDP-Ibarapa East) on his emergence as the Speaker, Oyo State House of Assembly.
“We are optimistic that you will do more in your new capacity and hope your tenure will bring greater development to our constituencies in Oyo State as well as Nigeria.
“We also hope that your tenure will bring fresh re-engineering to the Hallowed Chambers. God will grant you the grace of accomplishment,’’ it said.
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business