A 29-year-old native doctor, Terfa Bur, on Wednesday appeared in a Makurdi Chief Magistrates’ Court for intimidating and cheating a woman.
Bur, who lives at N0 36, Daniel Amokachi Lane, Makurdi, is charged with criminal breach of Ttust, intimidation and cheating
He, however, pleaded not guilty.
The Prosecution Counsel, ASP Edward Imo, told the court that one Iwuese Adaga reported the case at the ‘D’ Division Police Station, Makurdi on Feb 26.
Imo alleged that the defendant collected N275, 100, from him with a promise to prepare a ”portion” that would help her give birth to twins.
He said that the defendant also demanded a white cola nut, perfume and her husband’s passport photograph.
“The complainant gave the native doctor clothes worth the sum of N275, 100 from her shop and submitted the other items he demanded.
“When the defendant started demanding for more money she decided to withdraw from the whole arrangements and he started intimidating her,’’ he said.
He said the defendant told the complainant that if she does not comply, he would kill her husband.
Prosecutor said that the defendant was arrested during police investigation and he confessed to making threats.
Imo informed the court that investigation was still ongoing and asked for an adjournment.
The Chief Magistrate, Mr Isaac Ajim, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N50, 000 with one surety in like sum and adjourned the case to May 23.
- Eid-el-Maulud: MURIC urges youth to embrace FG’s SIP
- Verdict: Oyo APC lauds Appellate Court, urges calm
- Rotaract Club donates hospital items to Ojodu Lagos PHC
- Niger Govt. reinvigorates school sports to engage youths meaningfully
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy