Shai Gilgeous-Alexander produced his first career triple-double, finishing with 20 points, 20 rebounds and 10 assists to lead the Oklahoma City Thunder to a 117-104 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Monday night in Minneapolis.
Gilgeous-Alexander, the Thunder’s second-year guard, hadn’t pulled down more than 10 rebounds in any of his first 121 career games.
At age 21 and 185 days, he is the youngest player ever with 20 points, 20 rebounds and 10 assists in a game (topping a mark held by Maurice Stokes since 1956), and he is the youngest with a 20-rebound triple-double (breaking a mark set by Shaquille O’Neal in 1993).
Danilo Gallinari led Oklahoma City with a season-high 30 points.
The Thunder posted their 12th win in 15 games, while the Timberwolves fell for the third time in four games.
Rookie centre, Naz Reid, scored a season-high 20 points off the bench to lead the Timberwolves.
Minnesota’s Robert Covington added 18 points.
Avery Bradley ignited a third-quarter run with a three-pointer as host Los Angeles, after trailing the entire first half, blew past Cleveland for its ninth straight win.
LeBron James scored a game-high 31 points while Dwight Howard recorded 21 points and 15 rebounds off the bench as the Lakers snapped Cleveland’s two-game winning streak.
Kevin Love (21 points, 11 rebounds) and Tristan Thompson (17 points, 10 rebounds) had double-doubles for the Cavaliers, who had opened a six-game trip with victories at Detroit and Denver.
Final scores Los Angeles Lakers 128 – Cleveland Cavaliers 99.
Jayson Tatum scored 21 points and Jaylen Brown chipped in 19 to lead host Boston past Chicago for its second straight victory following a three-game losing streak.
Chicago sputtered to its seventh loss in eight games despite a game-high 30 points from Zach LaVine.
Thaddeus Young scored 17 points for Chicago, while Tomas Satoransky (12) and Daniel Gafford (10) also produced double-figure totals.
Enes Kanter (15 points), Kemba Walker (14), Marcus Smart (12) and Grant Williams (11) posted double-figure scoring totals for the Celtics.
Kanter grabbed a game-high nine rebounds.
Final scores Boston Celtics 113 – Chicago Bulls 101.
Nikola Vucevic scored 26 points and grabbed 15 rebounds, and Aaron Gordon added 19 points, including a three-point play with 1.1 seconds remaining, as Orlando pulled out a victory at Sacramento.
Evan Fournier scored 25 points and Markelle Fultz added 16 as the Magic earned the victory in a game between teams struggling with injuries.
Gordon (calf) and D.J. Augustin (knee) each played after missing Orlando’s Friday loss at Phoenix.
Nemanja Bjelica scored a career-high 34 points and De’Aaron Fox added 31 for the Kings.
Final scores Orlando Magic 114 – Sacramento Kings 112.
Little-used Jahlil Okafor had 25 points, 14 rebounds, five assists and three blocks as short-handed New Orleans handed host Detroit its third straight loss.
The Pelicans were missing three starters; including leading scorer and power forward Brandon Ingram (right knee soreness).
Derrick Favors (right hamstring strain) and Jrue Holiday (left elbow contusion) were also sidelined.
Detroit has been playing without three of its projected starters in recent weeks.
Nicolo Melli had 20 points and Lonzo Ball supplied 17 points, 12 rebounds and nine assists but also committed seven turnovers for New Orleans.
Derrick Rose led Detroit with 23 points and eight assists while Christian Wood supplied 18 points and nine rebounds.
Final scores New Orleans Pelicans 117 – Detroit Pistons 110 (OT).
Malcolm Brogdon scored 21 points in his return from a sore back and strep throat as Indiana posted a victory over Philadelphia in Indianapolis.
T.J. Warren also tallied 21 points and Domantas Sabonis collected 10 points and 16 rebounds for the Pacers, who improved to 16-5 at home this season.
Myles Turner and Justin Holiday each had 14 points for Indiana, which overcame an 11-point deficit in the third quarter to post its third win in the past four games.
Philadelphia’s Ben Simmons scored 20 of his 24 points in the first half and finished with 14 rebounds for the game.
Eastern Conference Player of the Week, Josh Richardson, scored 17 of his 23 points in the fourth quarter for the 76ers, who have lost six of eight overall and six in a row on the road.
Final scores Indiana Pacers 101 – Philadelphia 76ers 95.
Damian Lillard recorded 30 points and nine assists as Portland posted a victory over visiting Charlotte.
CJ McCollum added 27 points and Carmelo Anthony notched 17 as the Trail Blazers won for just the third time in the past 11 games.
Anthony Tolliver came off the bench to score 16 points on 7-of-8 shooting while also collecting 11 rebounds.
Devonte’ Graham made eight three-pointers and had 27 points and 10 assists for the Hornets, who have lost five straight games and 11 of their past 13.
Terry Rozier registered 25 points and seven rebounds, P.J. Washington added 20 points and 11 rebounds for Charlotte, which lost its 12th straight game in Portland since last winning there on March 29, 2008.
Final scores Portland Trail Blazers 115 – Charlotte Hornets 112.
Edited by: Emmanuel Okara/Abdulfatah Babatunde
- APC wins Okigwe North Federal Constituency rerun in Imo
- Bow legs: Expert recommends exposure to sunlight, healthy dieting for children
- We stumbled on your property, ICPC replies Pinnacle
- APC wins rerun election in Kagarko LGA of Kaduna
- NGO donates educational materials to community in Abuja
- Troops continue onslaught on Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists in NE, arrest informants – Army
- PDP wins Akwa Ibom rerun
- Coronavirus: WHO advises countries to prepare for detection as death toll hits 56
- Igbos must work hard to get power in 2023 — Tanko Yakasai
- NDE disburses N2.1 m to 210 women in Kebbi
- Revitalising culture to bring people together, my mission – U.S based Nigerian musician
- Group urges Nigerians to support community policing strategy
- Politicians should take bulk blame for current insecurity – Sen. Nyako
- Tragedy: Jealous man stabs girlfriend to death in Bauchi
- Kidney Disease: How adequate, accessible are dialysis machines?
- GOC tasks officers, men on discipline
- Osinbajo, Sanwo-Olu laud Airtel’s CSR initiative
- Nsukka LG chairman grades 22 roads in one month
- Centre introduces measures to check unemployment,restiveness in Nasarawa state
- Police arrest 16 suspects over alleged attack on patrol team in Minna
- Music review: Davido drops unimpressive single in New Year
- National Hospital records high patronage on knee, hip replacement surgeries
- Aliyu pledges to complete renovation of public schools in FCT
- Agro-firm targets 120,000 tonnes of maize in 2020
- APC wins rerun election for Sanga House of Assembly seat in Kaduna
- APC wins reps seat in Ogun
- PDP wins Kaduna Assembly seat
- Bauchi rerun elections: PDP clinches Gamawa Federal Constituency seat
- APC wins Reps seat in Cross River
- Nigerian Army troops thwart Boko Haram attacks in Borno
- Mennonite celebrates 100 years of humanitarian services worldwide
- Wellbeing Foundation Africa mourns late WHO Director
- Saudi Arabia wealth fund in talks to buy Newcastle United for £340 million
- Bauchi Supplementary elections: PDP wins Zaki Federal Constituency polls
- Rangers agree permanent deal with Defoe
- Artists decry continuous locking of Abuja Arts, Craft Village
- China-Nigeria relations productive, beneficial, says Chinese ambassador
- NUJ Chairman calls for independence of Nigeria Press Council
- FAAN explains bush fire incident around airfield side at Lagos Airport
- Lassa fever: Enugu Govt urges residents to be calm, dispels rumour of nurse death
- Amotekun needs FG’s backing to operate, says CG Vigilante Group
- Buhari congratulates Gov. Lalong of Plateau on Knighthood
- Buhari mourns Abdulkadir Oniyangi
- Bishop Kaigama tasks Papal awardees to be guided by Christian values
- Stakeholders call for robust media freedom
- Professionalism key to quality service delivery in NCC – CEO
- Niger gov. condemns renewed bandits attacks on communities
- Lassa fever: 29 deaths, 195 confirmed cases reported in 11 states – NCDC
- Why I am playing local politics – Oshiomhole
- Edo 2020: Obisia Nwamkpa tasks Lagos on early preparations
- FRSC to impound flatbed trailers without proper latching
- 91 bag first class, as NDU holds 5th combined convocation in Bayelsa
- Stop selling foreign films, NFVCB warns traders
- Kwara Cathedral church re-opens – Statement
- P/Harcourt Disco begins 7.5% VAT Feb. 1
- Mathematicians urge govt. to embrace evidence-based planning for national development
- ZLP inaugurates new executives in Ondo
- Service to the people, essence of governance – Badagry LG boss
- Ogun Govt. warns against erection of structure, farming in forest reserves
- EFCC invades election venue in Imo rerun
- Football : Sarri says jeers would be a sign of affection for him
- Ogun Govt. trains law officers in ICT
- President Buhari commends Gov. Matawalle’s handling of insecurity in Zamfara
- Mrs Saraki mourns death of WHO’s head of UHC, Salama
- Mushin plank market, 4 other buildings ravaged by fire in Lagos
- Amotekun: Tinubu, a true leader – Yoruba Ronu
- Senate President empowers constituents, supports 2,000 students
- Empowerment: Senate President distributes entrepreneurship kits to constituents, support 2, 000 indigent students
- Military foils 419 vandalism attempts on oil export pipelines – Commander
- Malaria: NGOs distribute free drugs, treated nets in FCT
- Iheanacho sends Foxes into FA Cup last 16
- Sokoto re-run election hitch free, declaration of results begins- INEC
- NEMA sensitises traders on fire prevention in Kaduna
- Yoruba youths honour NSE chairperson, urge preservation of indigenous languages
- NASPOLY academic staff union elects new officials
- Fidelity Bank rewards customers, harps on youth empowerment
- Bauchi Supplementary, rerun polls, an improvement over 2019 exercise – REC
- MTN empowers 2,000 Nigerian with “Kiosk as a Service” scheme
- Experts caution against excessive, unprescibed use of sex stimulants
- NGO donates improved seedlings to 50, other items to 340 IDPs in Plateau
- FRSC doctorates 25 newly promoted officers in Nsukka
- Kaigama tasks Gov Lalong on inclusive governance
- NATE to fabricate rice dryer, other agric machines this year
- Mobile court prosecutes 300 sanitation offenders in Nasarawa
- KDSG confirms one case of Lassa fever
- Emir of Daura restates commitment to government’s programmes
- Group advocates for National Disability Commission
- Africa has potential to be biggest economic miracle, says AfDB President
- Re-run: Police commend peaceful voting in C/River
- North-East: FG working toward resettling displaced communities
- Finance Act will stimulate Nigerian economy — Osinbajo
- APC scribe commends Abia South peaceful re-run elections
- Kaduna re-run election witnesses voter apathy
- Bauchi Supplementary/rerun polls record large turnout of voters
- Voting commences in Akwa Ibom rerun election
- Lekki residents want Lagos govt to fix roads in dry season
- Financial experts say CRR raise necessary to tame inflation
- NBTE commends Yabatech for setting standards among Polytechnics
- Ex- ANAN President tasks FG on nation’s security
- Lassa Fever: Expert emphasises environmental hygiene
- Sokoto Re-run: Election commences peacefully, turnout impressive
- UTME: NSCDC pledges partnership with JAMB in Anambra
- Review of Nigeria’s university curriculum in final stage – NUC
- Kano Commitee cautions residents on sanitation to prevent Lassa fever
- Korean blockbuster film “Extreme Job” light-up Asian Film Festival in FCT
- Agency woos youths in Anambra on aquaculture
- India-Nigeria bilateral trade volume increase to $13. 9b in 2018-2019
- NIS prevents trafficking of 9 girls
- NPFL Match Day 17: Plateau United, Rivers United, Lobi Stars in battle for top spot
- Oba of Benin calls for peaceful co-existence, unity among Nigerians
- Rooney fails to inspire as Derby draw goalless with Northampton
- FCT police arrest traditional ruler over murder of officer
- Community policing will address insecurity, says APC Governors
- TetFund to construct N500m library at Fed. Varsity Gusau
- Bolivia cut-off diplomatic relations with Cuba
- Education in serious crisis, say stakeholders at UN
- We didn’t direct decommissioning of metres by DisCos – NERC
- FG lauds UNHCR services in Nigeria
- NAF postpones induction ceremony of newly acquired Agusta power helicopters
- Northern/Southern leaders hold peace talk in Lagos
- Rerun: INEC pledges credible elections in all polling units
- Attacks: CAN urges harmony between Xtians, Muslims
- India reiterates commitment to increased defence collaboration with Nigeria
- C/River Gov’t assures of timely completion of General Hospital Calabar
- TI report on Nigeria unfair, untenable- ICPC
- UI offers admission to 4,359 out of 19,482
- Banking sector gross credit grows by N2trn in 7 months – Emefiele
- NAF set to induct 2 new Augusta Attack helicopters for combat operations
- Human encroachment triggers infectious diseases- Lagos Commissioner
- Gov. Obiano begins payment of N30,000 new minimum wage in January
- Egypt will continue to strengthen African unity -Envoy
- Be more patriotic, promote indigenous airlines operating in Nigeria, says Onyeama
- 20th NSF: Osun official promises better performance
- Gov. Zulum inaugurates Security Trust Fund, 3 other boards
- Corps members conduct sanitation exercise at Plateau hospital
- ATBU Teaching Hospital celebrates 10-year anniversary
- 2020 UTME registration: JAMB takes measures against erring CTB centres in Nasarawa
- No amount of blackmail ‘ll discourage 9th Assembly from supporting FG
- Re-run elections: I-G orders security beef up in affected states
- Ikeja Electric upgrades network in Akowonjo, Abule-Egba business units to improve power supply
- Sudan signs initial political, security deal with rebel group
- FG seeks support in returning out-of-school children to classes
- Buratai emerges Daily Asset Man of the Year
- Militant sentenced to five years for abandoned Berlin bomb plot
- UK’s Prince Charles urges Middle East peace, visits grandmother’s tomb
- C/River Assembly not investigating PZ Wilmar -Speaker
- Gov. Zulum tasks emergency response team to contain Lassa fever
- Nigerians spend over N300bn yearly on malaria treatment – Virologist
- DPR denies resuming kerosene supply to Cross River
- Group offers free surgeries to 60 indigents in Kwara
- Solskjaer urges patience with Manchester United’s rebuilding project
- EU officials sign withdrawal deal, appoint ambassador as Brexit looms
- Housing: Labour signs MoU with FMBN in Ondo
- Conjunctivitis: Demand for Sun glasses increases in Enugu
- White House hopes for impeachment to wrap up next week
- Coronavirus: Doctors urge FG to step up screening at airports, borders
- Egypt’s ex-president Mubarak undergoes surgery, son says
- Man docked for allegedly threatening DPO’s life
- Britain decries U.S. decision on extradition refusal
- Airtel launches new number range, 0904
- Second case of coronavirus confirmed in the U.S
- UNICEF tasks FG, State Governments on youth development
- More than 1m Ethiopians receive humanitarian aid in 2019 – IOM
- UNICEF reaffirms support to PAN’s pneumonia control
- EU steps up support for conflict victims in Nigeria
- Plateau Police command gets new spokesperson
- London police to deploy live facial recognition cameras
- Kwara govt will seek to eradicate drug abuse, poverty through sports, deputy governor says
- Nigeria deploy 185 troops to Guinea Bissau for peace keeping mission
- Polaris Bank pledges continued disbursement of salary advance to customers
- Large explosion rocks Houston, at least 1 person hospitalised
- Pension Team rejected N2bn bribe, EFCC witness tells court
- Tunisia’s PM-designate says new gov’t to have no more than 25 ministers
- French ministers sign off on pension reforms amid large protests
- Desert locust likely head toward Uganda, South Sudan, Ethiopia
- Gov. Obiano restates commitment to Anambra Airport road project
- Foreign Reserves: CBN not contemplating devaluation of currency
- Don stresses need for home-grown technology to solve health challenges
- Gov. Lalong extends hands of fellowship to opposition
- Edo 2020: Lagos wins S/West Zonal Eliminations
- Sokoto rerun election: Police assure of adequate security
- Delta to demolish unapproved outdoor adverts, structures
- Pantami inaugurates NIGCOMSAT board
- Ejigbo LCDA seals off Kenmoore Motors on court order
- Group to trains medical practitioners on automated healthcare services in Lagos
- FG inaugurates $1bn National Agric Mechanisation Committee
- Gov. Ishaku signs Taraba’s N215bn 2020 budget into law
- Development: Nasarawa Commissioner drums support for Gov. Sule
- Monetary committee increases cash ratio from 22.5% to 27.5%
- Rugby: Vegas Sportswear proud to associate with Nigeria, plans to promote sports in Africa
- Trump’s peace plan may polarise Middle East: Palestinians
- At least 21 dead, 20 missing as heavy rains lash Madagascar
- Foundation launches history club in FCT schools
- Centre trains 37 officers in sexual exploitation, abuse, gender
- New signing Odriozola could make Bayern debut against Schalke – Flick
- NSE: Market capitalisation sustains growth with N19bn
- U.S. Vice President Pence meets pope, jokes ‘You have made me a hero’
- NSF 2020: Edo to engage 1,000 cleaners
- IPPIS: ASUU threatens `No Pay, No Work’ over FG plan to stop salaries of lecturers
- Helen Paul advises women to appreciate self