Houston, March 1, 2019 (Reuters/NNN) James Harden produced his seventh career 50-point, 10-assist game to spur the Houston Rockets to a 121-118 comeback victory over the visiting Miami Heat on Thursday night.
Feb 28, 2019; Houston, TX, USA; Houston Rockets guard James Harden (13) reacts after the Rockets defeated the Miami Heat at Toyota Center. Mandatory Credit: Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports
Harden finished with 58 points and 10 assists to key the rally, but received help down the stretch from Austin Rivers (17 points on 7-of-8 shooting) and Chris Paul, whose pull-up jumper with 46.2 seconds left followed an errant Harden 3-pointer and extended the lead to three.
Miami grabbed a 113-103 lead on a Goran Dragic 3-pointer with 6:18 remaining, but the Rockets responded with a 14-0 run to jump in front.
Harden produced a three-point play and two driving layups during that stretch, but Paul secured the lead with two free throws at the 3:27 mark.
The Heat shot 51.9 percent overall but went cold at the wrong time, posting only 20 points on 6-for-17 shooting in the final period.
Seven players scored in double figures for Miami, with Dragic and Kelly Olynyk scoring 21 points apiece while Houston native Justise Winslow added 19 points, seven rebounds and eight assists.
Aaron Gordon had 22 points and 15 rebounds as Orlando moved into a tie for eighth place in the Eastern Conference with a win over visiting Golden State.
errence Ross added 16 points off the bench, and Nikola Vucevic had 12 points and 13 rebounds for T the Magic. Orlando, which has won seven of its past nine games, tied the Charlotte Hornets for the last playoff position in the East.
Stephen Curry had 33 points, eight rebounds and six assists for Golden State. DeMarcus Cousins and Klay Thompson each scored 21. Kevin Durant took the night off, missing a game for the first time this season.
The Warriors have lost back-to-back games for the first time since December and have lost four of their past six.
Final scores Magic 103, Warriors 96.
Tobias Harris scored 32 points, and Ben Simmons had a triple-double as visiting Philadelphia topped Oklahoma City.
The 76ers’ win broke the Thunder’s 19-game winning streak in the series, snapping the longest active streak in the NBA. Simmons had 11 points, 13 rebounds and 11 assists for his ninth triple-double of the season.
Oklahoma City’s Russell Westbrook had 23 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists for his 25th triple-double of the season. However, he shot just 8 of 24 from the floor.
Final scores 76ers 108, Thunder 104.
Bojan Bogdanovic gave Indiana the lead for good on a layup with 3:57 remaining, and the Pacers used a strong defensive finish to hold off Minnesota at Indianapolis.
Bogdanovic finished with a season-high 37 points, helping the Pacers overcome a season-best 42-point explosion by Timberwolves big man Karl-Anthony Towns for a ninth win in their past 12 games.
Indiana outscored Minnesota 16-8 after the Timberwolves had taken a 107-106 lead with 5:58 to go.
Final scores Pacers 122, Timberwolves 115.
Jordan Clarkson hit the go-ahead free throws with 89 seconds left as visiting Cleveland rallied down the stretch to top New York.
Harper agrees to historic Phillies deal -reports
Cleveland swept the season series and recorded its 10th straight win in New York by outscoring the Knicks 21-5 in the last 3:51.
The Cavaliers’ Kevin Love led all scorers with 26 points and hit six free throws in the final 25 seconds as Cleveland outscored New York 40-21 in the fourth.
Allonzo Trier scored 22 points, but the Knicks missed their last 11 shots and were unable to match a season high with a third straight win.
Final scores Cavaliers 125, Knicks 118.
Donovan Mitchell scored six of his 24 points late in the fourth quarter, Kyle Korver hit six 3-pointers and finished with 22 points, and Utah won at Denver.
Derrick Favors finished with 15 points and 11 rebounds, and Joe Ingles had 15 points and 10 assists for the Jazz, who ended Denver’s nine-game home winning streak. Rudy Gobert contributed 16 points, eight rebounds and four blocks, including a key one in the final minute when the Nuggets were rallying.
Will Barton had 21 points and 13 rebounds, and Jamal Murray also scored 21, and Nikola Jokic finished with 16 points and 13 rebounds for the Nuggets. Denver had won 20 of 21 at home before Thursday.
Final scores Jazz 111, Nuggets 104. (Reuters/NNN)
- Coronavirus: Lagos Speaker urges residents to remain calm, vigilant
- NSF 2020: Sports Minister commends Edo govt. on quality of facilities provided so far
- ITF says its newly-inaugurated library can be used by JAMB as CBT centre
- China urges close ranks in global war against COVID-19
- NGO advocates protection of women, girl-child’s rights
- Coronavirus: NPA says necessary protocols in place at ports
- Covid-19: Expert wants schools to improve hygiene practices
- Lalong commends ITF’s DG, says skills acquisition way forward for Nigeria
- Mexico confirms first 2 coronavirus cases
- Iranian parliament suspends its work over coronavirus spread
- COVID-19: Association tasks agencies on collaborative efforts to prevent infected passengers
- EKSG dismisses 3 randy teachers
- Electricity consumers clamour for more prepaid meters, oppose upward review of tariff
- Epilepsy: Police recovers corpse of 35-year-old farmer in Jigawa
- Nasarawa volleyball team’s coach says target now is promotion to premier league
- Coronavirus: Edo health officials to find flight manifest of infected Italian
- Coronavirus: Panic mood on NSE, market capitalisation loses N308bn
- Pompeo: U.S. not currently engaged in hostilities against Iran
- Road users commend govt on road repairs
- ABU gets new facility to boost crop production studies
- Boko Haram: RESILAC trains 300 youths on borehole drilling to promote farming in Borno
- German cybercriminals exploit coronavirus fears
- Former Danish secret service chief fined for spilling secrets
- Buratai says Nigerian Army Farm and Ranches Limited will reduce unemployment, insecurity
- Alumni: KOBA inaugurates projects in Govt College, Keffi
- Government alone can’t attain good governance without citizens` involvement – AU-NEPAD Coordinator
- Kaduna govt engages communities, restates commitment to peace
- Building civil societies’ capacity will help end open defecation before 2025 -Coordinator
- Why reading culture is important – NPA MD
- Two docked for house breaking, stealing valuables worth N4.5m
- FG to partner telecom companies to end open defecation
- Students thrill audience as Playback Nigeria Theatre Festival opens in FCT
- Court remands man for allegedly stealing mobile phone
- Social conditioning disempowers women in Nigeria- Gender activist
- SMW 2020: Experts say African Animation is next revenue generating industry
- Delta Kwale Industrial Park is sustainable – Brisibe
- World Bank restores financial ties with Somalia after 30yrs hiatus
- Coronavirus fears lead Holy Land Catholic churches to give communion by hand only
- Coronavirus: NCAA pledges to intensify screening of inbound, outbound passengers at airports
- Volume of trade between China, Nigeria reaches $19.27bn – Envoy
- Foundation earmarks N100m for renovation of Kwara school
- ABU matriculates 10,000 students, warns against unapproved groups
- Plant more trees, Ogun govt. urges residents
- Filmmaker wants stiffer sanction for movie pirates
- Teacher, 44, arraigned over alleged rape of student
- Boko Haram: Group drums support for military
- Lafia Specialist hospital gets accreditation for residency in Obstetrics, Gynaecology-CMD
- Group seeks enforcement of cap on estimated billing by Discos
- Court remands teacher for defiling 15-year-old student
- Speaker’s education foundation in Jigawa clears bills for 200 students
- Scholars assess Africa, Middle East relations to ensure mutual benefits
- WHO emphasises preventive measures to check spread of covid-19
- Quarantine measures taken at 2 Abu Dhabi hotels after Italian cyclists contract coronavirus
- Dubai’s ruler loses appeal to stop publication of judgments in UK court battle with ex-wife
- Somalia accuses Kenya of violating its sovereignty
- 13 contingents already in Anambra for 12th Police Games, FPRO says
- Afghan officials discuss prisoner swap with Taliban ahead of U.S. troop withdrawal agreement
- Prince Harry sings with Jon Bon Jovi for Invictus Games
- Mrs Akeredolu tasks lecturers, medical students on curbing breast cancer scourge
- We never had contact with Corona virus patient -LUTH
- IWD: FG restates commitment toward ending gender discrimination, social injustice
- Court remands fake travel agent over failure to perfect bail
- First Coronavirus case: Lagos govt. says “no cause for panic”
- IWD: Women Rights Network to Unveil “Rebirth of the African Woman” campaign
- Buhari lauds relationship with Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic
- INEC promises free, fair, credible by-election in Kwara
- COVID-19: Newcastle stop shaking hands ritual
- NSCDC calls for synergy to tackle hard drug use
- Plateau Govt promises to complete remodelling of NUJ secretariat soon
- Court remands lotto agents for alleged failure to remit over N139,580
- Somali military, militia clash as fight against al Qaeda-linked insurgents slows
- NAF inducts 117 Special Forces
- Court sentences middle-aged man to death by hanging for armed robbery
- Pomp as Lagos Theatre Festival kicks off
- Non-communicable diseases becoming pandemic – Experts
- VW to pay out 1,350 to 6,527 euros to German diesel owners
- BA owner: Coronavirus could push failing airlines over the edge
- Fidelity Bank seeks board approval of 2019 audited financial report March 2
- Cleric gets divorce after accusing wife of bringing lovers home
- Delta Govt reiterates commitment to children’s healthcare
- LASPOTECH’s Mass Communication students sensitise people against cyber crime
- Coronavirus: WHO commends FG’s effort on response
- CONMESS: Osun health workers hail Oyetola, pledge optimal performance
- COVID-19: Nasarawa govt sets up response team
- Committee tasks markets, motor parks managements on daily sanitation
- Don’t panic over confirmed case of COVID-19 – FG
- Hamburg doctor is first coronavirus case in northern Germany
- FRSC mobile court convicts 86 traffic offenders in one week
- ‘The world is on fire,’ Greta Thunberg tells UK climate rally
- Tourism: Nasarawa Govt intensifies effort to develop Farin Ruwa water falls
- Coronavirus deaths in Iran rise to 34, with 388 infected
- Centre extols media for role in anti-corruption campaign
- Child Rights: UNICEF to partner with media to create awareness
- A’Ibom govt warns against illegal mining
- Carpenter in court for allegedly beating, injuring wife
- Security: NGO suggests special protective police unit
- Nigeria Army concludes physical efficiency test in Abuja
- NAFDAC restates commitment to effective drug distribution
- Malaysia uncertainty grows as palace rejects Mahathir plan
- NDLEA files drug trafficking charge against unemployed man
- NGO inaugurates 21 centres for community service in Anambra
- COVID- 19: All contacts with the Italian will be identified – Ogun Govt
- Hygiene, sanitation vital to Lassa fever prevention — Expert
- Japan’s industrial output climbs, unemployment rate up in January
- Group says politicians “out to pull down the sanctity of the Supreme Court”
- USAID partners C’ River govt. in agric financing, investment
- Mechanic remanded for allegedly defiling 10-year-old girl
- Police arrest 33 suspected cultists, armed robbers in Benue-CP
- COVID-19 : Virologist urges FG to identify, quarantine passengers on plane with Italian
- COVID-19: FG commences contact tracing of confirmed case
- NSF 2020: Sports Minister tasks MOC, LOC on hard work
- Cannabis use up 75% among older Americans, but still not common
- Covid-19: MDCAN wants testing laboratory in Kwara
- Putin, Erdogan discuss flare-up in Syria’s Idlib
- Training: Why we give priority to police –Foundation
- Expert urges teachers to adopt feminine approach in teaching sciences, tech
- Lassa Fever: Edo NMA donates items to patients in ISTH
- Investigate allegation against Ogah, youth group pleads with IG
- Turkish economy grew 6% in final quarter of 2019
- Man bags 6 months imprisonment for stealing motorcycle
- Gov. Masari urges FG to strengthen NDLEA to check drug trafficking
- Stocks fall worldwide on coronavirus fears
- Stalemate in Israeli polls ahead of Monday’s election
- NDLEA seizes 53.41kg illicit drugs, arrests 48 suspects in Gombe
- Buhari congratulates Sambo Aliyu on turbaning as Magajin Rafin Gwandu
- VW, consumer protection groups reach diesel settlement in Germany
- Edo 2020: CP reiterates commitment to personnel training
- New Zealand’s PM says Australia’s deportation policy is ‘corrosive’
- Court remands man for peddling 150g of cannabis
- Plateau United condoles with Kano Pillars over manager’s demise
- Greece says tightens sea, land borders after Idlib
- UNFPA WCARO resolves to consider GPHC as strategic issue
- Philippine flag carrier lays off 300 employees amid virus worries
- AFC to hold emergency summit as coronavirus plays havoc
- Seoul announces stimulus package to combat economic impact of virus
- Why GTB will win digital payment space — CEO
- Poland’s Kaczynski hits back at EU criticism over rule of law
- 2 more die of Covid-19 in Japan, raising toll to 10
- Qualify first worry later: Marathoners say no time to fear Olympic cancellation
- CHAN partners LGAs to improve healthcare service delivery in Nasarawa
- ”I made a terrible mistake marrying my husband” – Woman tells court.
- Residents of Ibadan experience first rain in 2020
- Pope cancels more meetings after slight illness
- Nasarawa govt. re-constructs Govt. College Keffi road ahead of KOBA 70th anniversary.
- Court remands tailor for allegedly defiling 13-year-old girl
- Shackling unconscious Aboriginal man before death horrific – Coroner
- EU’s Borrell seeks end to Syria escalation, warns of measures
- Duterte formally bans vaping in public places
- New Zealand’s farmers struggle with drought conditions
- NIRSAL partners Microsoft to reduce agricultural risks, attract investors
- FRSC will not condone 2 passengers in front seat – Spokesperson
- Russia sends warships to Syria, blames Ankara for killing of Turkish troops
- South Korea coronavirus infections top 2000, case rate slows in China
- MMIA: FAAN urges passengers not to entertain fear during simulation exercise
- Storm forces cancellation of ski World Cup race in Austria
- South Korean boy band BTS cancels concerts amid coronavirus fears
- Perm. Sec. urges NSE to embrace self development
- Critics urge Nollywood filmmakers to value criticism
- Greta Thunberg to draw thousands at British climate rally
- Indian police arrest over 500 for Delhi sectarian violence
- Taiwan president orders files from martial-law era declassified
- Hundreds of migrants in Turkey head towards EU borders – media
- ‘Don’t jump on every social media trend’ – Experts tell businesses
- Pet dog suspected of having coronavirus quarantined in Hong Kong
- Restrictions eased in New Delhi as riot death toll hits 38
- Japan’s vice justice minister to visit Lebanon over Ghosn case
- U.S. Embassy conducts Hackathon Workshop
- Russia suspends entry of Iranian Nationals amid Coronavirus outbreak
- COVID19: NCDC deploys rapid response teams to Lagos
- Return govt. property in your possession, Gov. Makinde tells ex-office holders
- U.S. provides Defender patrol boats to Djiboutian Navy
- Umrah Suspension: NAHCON urges stakeholders to comply with Saudi Arabia directives
- Nigeria records first case of COVID-19
- Encourage children to explore their creative talent, Curator urges
- Ramping up the fight against Fall Armyworm
- Assistant Minister for Foreign Affairs meets Egypt’s Assistant Foreign Minister for Human Rights and International Humanitarian and Social Affairs
- Lagos Govt confirms first case of COVID-19
- Ighalo scores as Manchester United, Wolves, Roma move into last 16, FC Porto, Arsenal, Ajax out
- Demand to declare Orji Kalus’s seat vacant presumptuous – Onuoha-Bourdex
- NAN Correspondent wins 2019 Best Sports Reporter in Kwara
- Insurgency: NYSC organises tournament for peace, unity in Borno
- Council inducts 34 veterinary doctors from Michael Okpara varsity
- SMW 2020: Mixed reactions trail Social Media, Hate Speech Commission Bills
- Gov. Ganduje lays foundation of military training facility in Falgore Forest
- Nigeria’s 2020 Finance Act ‘ll end tax multiplicity- FIRS Coordinator
- Police regular capacity building will check crime, says Retired DIG Ajao
- NDHS survey shows only 31% Nigerians received basic vaccination
- Enugu LG election: PDP chairmanship candidate calls for peaceful election
- Minister advises state govt. to set up ministry of science and technology
- Senator earns only N700,000 monthly, not jumbo pay – Bashiru
- NBTI D-G advocates food processing industries in Benue
- Erratic power supply, others hinder 5G development in Nigeria- NCC
- Gov. Mohammed chairs PDP 2019 general elections review committee
- Ebonyi govt lauds American group for free healthcare to indigent children
- NASS decries poor researches on indigenous agricultural seeds
- Court remands Mama Boko Haram, 3 others over alleged N42m fraud
- Buhari condoles with Emir Sanusi over uncle’s death
- Establish Entertainment Ministry, veteran actor, Lari Williams, urges FG
- Kwara Govt seeks measures to improve cocoa export
- Katsina Transport Authority explains hike in transport fare