Damian Lillard broke his own franchise records by scoring 61 points and making 11 3-pointers to lead the Portland Trail Blazers to a 129-124 overtime victory over the visiting Golden State Warriors on Monday night. Portland, Oregon, USA; Portland Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard (0) shoots the ball past Golden State Warriors guard Damion Lee (1) during the first half at Moda Center. Mandatory Credit: Soobum Im-USA TODAY Sports
Lillard scored 60 points during a 119-115 loss to the Brooklyn Nets on Nov. 8. He also held the franchise mark of 10 3-pointers.
Lillard was 17 of 37 from the field — including 11 of 20 from 3-point range — and hit all 16 of his free-throw attempts. He also had 10 rebounds and seven assists.
Hassan Whiteside recorded 17 points and 21 rebounds for the Trail Blazers, who had lost four of their previous six games.
Alec Burks scored a season-high 33 points and matched his season best of eight assists for Golden State, which lost for the 11th time in the past 12 games.
Giannis Antetokounmpo recorded a triple-double with 28 points, 14 rebounds and 10 assists, and host Milwaukee cruised past Chicago for its seventh win in a row.
Khris Middleton added 24 points on 10-for-13 shooting as the Bucks improved to 21-2 on their home court and completed a four-game sweep of the Bulls in the regular season.
It was Antetokounmpo’s fourth triple-double of the season and the 18th of his career.
Zach LaVine scored 24 points to lead the Bulls, who have lost nine of their past 12 games. Kris Dunn had 15 points, and Thaddeus Young finished with 14 points off the Chicago bench.
Final scores Milwaukee Bucks 111 – Chicago Bulls 98.
Jayson Tatum scored 27 points, Kemba Walker and Jaylen Brown added 20 apiece, and host Boston overwhelmed Los Angeles to end a three-game losing streak.
Enes Kanter had 18 points (all before halftime) and 11 rebounds off the bench, and Gordon Hayward chipped in 16 points.
Walker (knee) and Brown (thumb) were back in the lineup after one and two missed games, respectively. Walker ended a personal 0-28 career drought against LeBron James-led teams.
James had 15 points and 13 assists for the Lakers, who lost for just the second time in their past 12 games. Anthony Davis had nine points in his return from a five-game absence caused by a bruised tailbone. Final scores Boston Celtics 139 – Los Angeles Lakers 107.
Dennis Schroder scored 15 fourth-quarter points and teamed with Danilo Gallinari to rally visiting Oklahoma City past Houston.
Gallinari scored 12 of his 25 points in the fourth as the Thunder erased a 15-point deficit in the final period and won for the seventh time in their past eight road games.
They did so in spite of a a quiet second half from Chris Paul, who tallied just one point after posting 27 prior to halftime.
Rockets star James Harden struggled mightily throughout, missing 16 of 17 3-point attempts while scoring 29 points.
Russell Westbrook posted a triple-double of 32 points, 11 rebounds and 12 assists, but his errant 3-point try with 8.8 seconds left represented the Rockets’ final gasp.
Final scores Oklahoma City Thunder 112 – Houston Rockets 107.
Bradley Beal had 29 points to pass Wes Unseld for fourth on Washington’s career scoring list and lead the Wizards past visiting Detroit.
Ian Mahinmi supplied 21 points on 9-for-10 shooting and added seven rebounds, three blocks and two steals for Washington, which won the season series 3-1. Thomas Bryant added 13 points and six rebounds off the bench.
Derrick Rose led the Pistons with 21 points. Andre Drummond had 18 points and 16 rebounds but also committed nine turnovers. He left the game in the final minute after being elbowed in the face by Bryant.
Final scores Washington Wizards 106 – Detroit Pistons 100.
Norman Powell came off the bench to score 27 points, and Fred VanVleet scored eight points in the final 63 seconds to help visiting Toronto hang on for a win over Atlanta.
VanVleet scored 20 points and made 5 of 6 free throws in the final 42.6 seconds to help prevent the Raptors from blowing a 21-point lead.
He made each attempt of a three-shot foul with 14.2 seconds remaining to give Toronto a five-point lead and preserve the win.
Powell was 6-for-9 on 3-point attempts and scored 20-plus points for his fifth straight game. Toronto also got 18 points from Pascal Siakam and 14 from Marc Gasol.
Final scores Toronto Raptors 122 – Atlanta Hawks 117.
Ben Simmons posted a triple-double with a career-high-tying 34 points, 12 assists and 12 rebounds, and Philadelphia made enough plays down the stretch to beat Brooklyn in New York.
The 76ers beat the Nets for the second time in six days by executing in the fourth quarter.
After outscoring the Nets 31-16 in the final 12 minutes Wednesday at home, Philadelphia did not dominate the entire quarter, but it made plays on both ends in the final minutes after blowing most of a nine-point lead in the final six-plus minutes.
Al Horford scored 19 points for Philadelphia, and Josh Richardson and Tobias Harris had 15 apiece. Seven Nets scored in double figures, led by Spencer Dinwiddie, who had 22 points and added seven assists.
Final scores Philadelphia 76ers 117 – Brooklyn Nets 111.
Marcus Morris’ four-point play capped a game-turning run of 15 unanswered points in the third quarter as visiting New York pulled away from Cleveland.
The Knicks, playing on the road on Martin Luther King Jr. Day for just the second time since 1987, snapped a three-game losing streak. The Cavaliers have lost five straight — their fourth losing streak of at least five games this season.
Morris finished with 19 points for the Knicks in spite of playing through an ankle injury sustained when he landed awkwardly while being fouled by Kevin Love on the four-point play.
New York’s Julius Randle had 19 points and nine rebounds. Cleveland’s Collin Sexton had 17 points, and Tristan Thompson added 13 points and 22 rebounds.
Final scores New York Knicks 106 – Cleveland Cavaliers 86.
Evan Fournier scored 20 of his 26 points in the second half as Orlando overcame a sluggish start to win at Charlotte.
Nikola Vucevic poured in 24 points, and Terrence Ross, who carried the team in the first half, ended up with 19 points for the road-weary Magic, who played Saturday night at Golden State and wrapped up a season-long six-game road trip.
Malik Monk came off the bench to lead the Hornets with 20 points. P.J. Washington finished with 19 points, and Devonte’ Graham had 15.
Final scores Orlando Magic 106 – Charlotte Hornets 83.
Jrue Holiday returned from a seven-game absence and tied a season high with 36 points to lead visiting New Orleans to a victory over Memphis. The Grizzlies’ seven-game winning streak ended.
Holiday overcame an elbow contusion to make 12 of 18 field goals, including 7 of 10 3-point tries, and the Pelicans made a franchise-record 21 3-pointers on 48 attempts.
Brandon Ingram added 25 points, Nicolo Melli had 15 and Josh Hart and JJ Redick scored 10 each as the Pelicans won for the 11th time in 16 games since they had a 13-game losing streak. Dillon Brooks poured in 31 points for the Grizzlies.
Final scores New Orleans Pelicans 126 – Memphis Grizzlies 116.
Rookie Kendrick Nunn scored a game-high 25 points and reserve James Johnson added a season-high 22 points to lead host Miami to an overtime win over Sacramento.
Johnson made 9 of 11 shots from the floor, including 4 of 5 from 3-point range, as the Heat improved their home record to an NBA-best 19-1. Johnson also blocked a potential game-tying 3-point shot by Bogdan Bogdanovic in the final seconds of overtime.
The Heat improved to 7-0 in overtime games this season in a contest that featured 16 lead changes and 14 ties. Nemanja Bjelica led the Kings with 22 points, Buddy Hield had 20, and Marvin Bagley III contributed 15 points and 15 rebounds.
Final scores Miami Heat 118 – Sacramento Kings 113 (OT).
Rookie Michael Porter Jr. had 20 points and a career-high 14 rebounds, Nikola Jokic finished with 17 points and 13 rebounds, and Denver beat Minnesota in Minneapolis.
Jerami Grant scored 19 points and Will Barton added 18 for Denver, which has won seven straight against the Timberwolves. The Nuggets have won four of their past five games overall.
Karl-Anthony Towns had 28 points, Josh Okogie scored 16 and Andrew Wiggins 15 for Minnesota, which has lost six straight. Allen Crabbe had three points in his first game for the Timberwolves.
Final scores Denver Nuggets 107 – Minnesota Timberwolves 100.
Derrick White racked up a season-high 25 points, including a big 3-pointer in the final two minutes, and San Antonio outlasted host Phoenix.
The Suns’ Devin Booker scored a game-high 37 points but clanked a 34-foot 3-point attempt with two seconds left. Deandre Ayton scored 25 points and grabbed 12 rebounds, and Kelly Oubre Jr. and Ricky Rubio scored 10 points apiece for Phoenix.
Bryn Forbes scored 24 points, all on 3-pointers, for the Spurs. DeMar DeRozan finished with 18 points, nine rebounds and eight assists, and LaMarcus Aldridge added 19 points.
Final scores San Antonio Spurs 120 – Phoenix Suns 111.
Donovan Mitchell scored 25 points, and Rudy Gobert added 20 points and 14 rebounds as Utah continued its home dominance while also halting Indiana’s winning streak at five games.
Georges Niang scored 15 points as the Jazz improved their home record to 17-3 while winning their eighth consecutive game at Salt Lake City. They are the only Western Conference team with three or fewer home defeats. The Jazz won for the 12th time in 13 games overall.
Aaron Holiday and Myles Turner each scored 12 points, and Jeremy Lamb added 11 for the Pacers, who lost for the first time since Jan. 8 against the Miami Heat. Indiana fell on the road for the first time since losing at Atlanta on Jan. 4.
Final scores Utah Jazz 118 – Indiana Pacers 88.
Edited by: Emmanuel Okara/Silas Nwoha
- Liverpool fight back against West Ham to continue winning streak
- Anonymous donor offers N400,000 lifeline to 4 blind students in Kebbi
- ‘Amotekun’ will attract more investors, improve Nigeria’s economy, says Gani Adams
- Zamfara: Tsafe LG chairman, others dump APC for PDP
- Gov. Matawalle appoints fmr DIG as security adviser
- Late NSCDC officer’s colleagues mourn, eulogise her
- Foundation offers free medical treatment to 2, 000 patients in Bauchi
- FG begins implementation of N46.83bn agric scheme in Niger Delta – Minister
- Include Miyetti Allah members in Amotekun Corps – Bello
- Insecurity: NUJ president advocates constitutional role for monarchs
- Association of GenCos raises concern on electricity tariff review
- Nigerian in diaspora advocates effective data management
- UBEC partners UNICEF to address education challenges
- 30 injured as car crashes into German Carnival parade
- NiMet predicts dust, cloudy conditions for Tuesday
- Insurgency: Gov. Zulum commends Nigerians for special prayer for peace
- FG lauds SMEDAN MSMEs online registration programme
- Public Hearing: PDP, Agbekoya, others drum support for Amotekun in Lagos
- United Nations Calls for Nominations for Nelson Mandela Prize
- Insecurity: Defence college alumni backs community policing
- “Amotekun” Corps comes with positive result- Lagos Assembly Speaker
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) welcomes $10 million donation from Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to fight Desert Locust upsurge in East Africa
- Sanusi vs Kano Anti-graft agency: We still have suitable options – Chairman
- FG to introduce incentives to boost capital market investment — Finance Minister
- Aisha Buhari calls for harmony, re-examining of security structure to stem terrorism in Nigeria
- NDA convenes international conference on security
- Updated; Rice production in Kano increases to 3m tonnes – Gov. Ganduje
- Sanitation: Mobile Court begins prosecution of environmental offenders
- France pledges $100m for WHO Academy
- Mambilla Power Project till now existed only on papers – Rep
- Miyetti Allah seeks members’ inclusion in Operation Amotekun
- Nasarawa Assembly advises doctors, other health workers against sharp practices
- NIS receives Gambian Immigration for mentoring
- Dutch Railway Company pays €32m to Holocaust victims
- Army urges residents not to panic as it commences shoot practice
- Lagos taskforce debunks online report on seized vehicles
- 5 dead, over 200 infected as coronavirus panic grips Italy
- BMO says NIRSAL’s 4m jobs big push for job creation, poverty alleviation
- Saudi, Egypt, Bahrain to resume Qatar post services despite dispute
- ‘Pioneering’ NASA mathematician, Katherine Johnson dies aged 101
- NGO sensitises Police, NDLEA, NSCDC, others against extra judicial killings
- Ekiti Govt. promotes 4,000 primary school teachers
- NAFDAC plans to go on pigin English on Radio, TV over illegal activities
- Artisanal miners attack Gemfields’ Mozambique ruby unit, injuring 4
- Court remands teenager over alleged theft of N340,000 from bank
- Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein found guilty of sex crimes
- We ‘ll ensure Operation Amotekun is not politicised – Ogun govt.
- Scientists, researchers to meet in Uganda over global health challenges
- Kwara NULGE crisis: Govt inaugurates 12-man committee
- I-G orders FCID to take over investigation into Kazeem’s death
- Panel recommends sanctions against police officers involved in brutality
- Ban: Tricycle dealers lament low patronage
- Togo president declares landslide election win, opponent slams ‘masquerade’
- Corrected: GAIM4: Fidelity Bank supports financial inclusion drive with N68md
- Romanian court scuppers vote of confidence in prime minister
- Eastern Libyan lawmakers refuse to join Geneva peace talks for now
- Alleged fraud: Nigerian Army, Gen. Otiki lays claim to forfeited N136m
- Businessman bags 10-year jail term over N30m fraud
- Car drives into German carnival parade, more than 30 reported injured
- Lesotho prime minister appears in court, but not charged
- Coronavirus outbreak not up to level of global pandemic
- Man bags 2 months in correctional centre for beating another with stick
- Donald and Melania Trump visit Taj Mahal, India’s monument to love
- Three bag 4 months community service over N1.5m aluminum pole theft
- Plane grounded in Mauritius
- English school children banned from heading ball amid brain disease fears
- Delta Education Commissioner advocates effective assessment for school development
- We need more funds to bridge digital literacy, says DBI President
- 2023: VON boss lauds El-Rufai over support for rotational presidency
- Number of expatriates drop in Nigeria’s oil and gas industries – Board
- Accident: Ogun TRACE warns cement companies against overloading trucks
- Gambia immigration officials visits Nigeria counterparts
- FG to include gender based violence, sexual health right in education curriculum
- Group urges parents to spearhead speaking of mother language
- Donald Trump, wife Melania visit Taj Mahal
- Panelists call for creative writing in social media content to attract users
- Assange would be suicide risk if extradited to U.S. – Lawyer
- Sell pressure: NSE market capitalisation opens week with N181bn loss
- Restore APC’s mandate in Zamfara, group urges Supreme Court
- Saving lives with solar power in Democratic Republic of Congo
- Gov. Umahi lauds Nigerian Army’s intervention in S/East
- 15 countries tighten travel restrictions on S. Korea as new coronavirus cases spike
- WHO partners Information Ministry on TB, NCDs eradication
- Pantami inaugurates committee on national digital economy policy
- Buhari meets security chiefs 24 hours after promising `hell’ for Boko Haram
- Gashash drags Army, DSS to court over ‘illegal arrest’
- SWM 2020: Experts urge adoption of digital technology to transform energy sector
- NSIA-LUTH treats 80 cancer patients daily– Finance Minister
- Reps threaten arrest of NDBDA mgt over failure to audit accounts
- Enugu govt. trains 120 women on agricultural food value chain – Official
- Former ECOWAS staff proffers solution to regional insecurity
- Edo Assembly lifts suspension on Akoko-Edo Vice Chairman
- Illegal refineries: Bayelsa communities seek end to pollution of Kolo Creek
- Aruna, Omotayo, Edem win first games at ITTF Africa Top 16 Cup
- Reviving cotton farming will strengthen economy, generate employment, lint exports — NABDA report
- SMW 2020: Agent banking an enabler of financial inclusion – Panelists
- Court orders full medical care for El-Zakzaky, wife
- A’Ibom monarch charges FG on development of oil communities
- Tokyo Games’ torch relay organisers take measures against coronavirus
- Raise the “total child”, Adekunle Gold tells parents
- Youth group backs move to secure Unijos land against encroachment
- Football Associations (FAs) in UK outlaw primary school children from heading in training
- Grass-cutter farming, money spinning business Nigerians can explore – Expert
- AMVCA 2020: In pure irony, the viewers’ choice does not count
- UNFPA Regional Director charges country offices on transformative agenda
- Electricity consumers oppose tariff increment by Ikeja Electric
- South China launches ultra-fast mask factory
- New American tennis sensation Gauff breaks into top 50 at age 15
- Alleged Unilag gang-rape: 5 undergraduates re-arraigned
- Chinese tourist attractions pledge to reinforce epidemic prevention measures
- NSE makes case for increased investment in gas to aid manufacturing
- LASG reiterates continuous training of artisans
- Why Nigerian farmers should cultivate Hass Avocado — Expert
- Security agencies beef up security in Ore ahead of President Buhari’s visit
- 23-year-old man docked for alleged possession of Indian hemp
- China’s pigs prices up by 2.6% in mid-February
- Kano plans law to stop indiscriminate felling of trees
- Synergy among security services very important in defeating terrorism – Olonisakin
- Gumel Emirate warns against illegal felling of trees
- Teenager docked for escaping from police custody
- China’s Central Bank voices confidence in fighting epidemic impact
- Buhari approves membership of National Humanitarian Coordination Committee
- WHO says no longer uses ‘pandemic’ category, but virus still emergency
- Man, 40 dies in Anambra hotel — Police
- Deceased NSCDC officer slumped in the police station 20 minutes after arriving – Witness
- Be wary of unlicensed real estate agents, govt warns Lagos residents
- Rape: 21-year sentence of Unilag ex-lecturer not stiff enough- FIDA
- Scientists, others to meet in Uganda April over global health challenges
- 2 tenants docked for alleged threat to kill landlord over rent
- Religious community strives to prevent further coronavirus infections
- NIMASA donates relief materials to 20, 000 displaced persons in Borno
- Former French premier Fillon’s trial postponed due to lawyers’ strike
- Over 22,000 people benefited from N1bn matching grant fund in Kebbi-MD, BoI
- Security: Delta Govt. donates 35 pick-up vans to police, others
- Iran nuclear parties to meet in effort to save deal
- WHO puts Africa’s readiness to tackle Coronavirus at 66%
- India, U.S. to sign defence deals worth more than $3bn – Trump
- 40 Italians refused entry in Mauritius to be flown back home
- Police in Ethiopia arrest 6 for suspected involvement in grenade attack
- How we rejuvenated Customs Volleyball team — Sports Secretary
- Gender-based violence: Group to train 40 women, girls on self-defence
- Niger Govt to boost electricity supply in its TV, Radio broadcast stations
- Libya’s warring parties draft ceasefire agreement
- Former Police boss says collaboration key to regional security
- Calls for sack of Service Chiefs, misplaced- Edo Deputy Governor
- Man drags estranged wife to court over failure to return children
- Plateau Govt. establishes Health Insurance Scheme, distributes 2.5m LLINs
- Expert says technology innovations, redefining doctor/patient relationship
- Investing Pension Funds: Worries, Prospects by stakeholders
- Man, 54, docked for allegedly stealing N5m from cooperative society
- We are determined to implement govt’s objectives – LASUBEB
- Sunshine Stars FC condole with Remo Stars over player’s death
- 240 for finals of maiden Anaocha U-17 athletics championship
- Lesotho PM in court on suspicion of murdering wife, requests immunity
- Budget: Lagos council gives road, education, health priority in 2020
- Ramaphosa says S/Africa has enough resources for universal healthcare
- JAMB approves 9 CBT centres for UTME in Ebonyi-Coordinator
- NDLEA boss wants establishment of drug clubs in tertiary institutions
- Expert calls for adoption of organic farming system
- Reps’ utility vehicles: Group advocates part-time legislative houses to reduce cost of governance
- NGO conducts free dental screening for 100 pry school pupils in Lagos
- Family of slain footballer, Tiyamiyu, demands justice
- Alleged non-declaration of assets: Court dismisses charges against Ekweremadu
- Chinese govt. doing well in controlling virus spread — Namibian experts
- Zamfara Govt. to construct 25,000 Capacity Olympic Stadium
- China to postpone parliamentary meeting due to coronavirus outbreak
- Aghan national army commissions more than 1,500 youth
- Cooking with Paracetamol: NAFDAC pledges more enlightenment campaign
- Lawyer seeks police investigation into killing of 36 year-old bricklayer in Ondo
- Alleged assault: Absence of 4 FRSC officials stalls arraignment
- South Korea seeks ‘speedy resumption’ of U.S.-North Korea nuclear talks
- Man, 28, docked for allegedly stealing N3m truck
- Judiciary as catalyst for deepening democratic process
- NIMC enrolls 868,000 people, distributes 15, 523 cards in Bauchi
- Foundation appeals to FG to prioritise welfare of PWDs
- Igando-Ikotun LCDA supervisor identifies challenges facing farmers in Lagos
- Man pleads guilty to stealing railway signal lamp-holders
- Protecting midwives on the front lines of the Ebola response
- Mechanic in court for allegedly stealing phone, N5, 000
- Raising 250,000 Euros for my CAS defence difficult, says Siasia
- Kaduna Sports festival to start March 2
- Court remands 36-year-old man for trafficking 5kg of cocaine
- Statement by the Chairperson on preparedness and response to the coronavirus disease in Africa
- Nwosu, Ajayi lose out, Anyancho picks ticket in Taekwondo Olympic qualifiers
- C/River hosts 36,000 Cameroonian refugees -SEMA DG
- Climate change takes toll on Zimbabwe’s natural habitat, UN deputy chief observes
- Constitution review: Resolve aspects of federal system via consensus – Ajulo
- Gridlock: FCTA bans early morning vehicle inspection, restricts truck movements
- UNSMIL Statement on Conclusion of Second Round of 5+5 Joint Military Commission Talks
- Coronavirus: NAFDAC boss says agency to intensify surveillance on drugs
- Financial markets under pressure as coronavirus spreads
- Court dissolves 7-year-old marriage over constant fighting
- China reports 150 new deaths from coronavirus outbreak
- Midnight fire razes four shops, property worth N2 m in Ife New Market
- Alleged N6.3bn fraud: EFCC re-arraigns ex-Gov. Jang, cashier
- l’ONU salue la mise en place d’un gouvernement d’union nationale
- Lawyer wants more experts in Lagos Multi-Door Court
- Recruit only locals into “Amotekun”, Yoruba World Congress urges SW states
- LG criss: Appeal Court fixes April 1 to hear Oyo Govt’s case
- Police Zone 2 Command orders arrest of killer of Remo Star player