Kwara Falcons have booked their semifinal ticket after beating Nigerian Army Rockets 77-49 points in their last group B game of the 2019 Nigeria Basketball Federation (NBBF) President Cup National.
In the game on Friday, both sides needed to finish second in their group, the Falcons took their chances as they dominated proceedings to earn a well deserved victory.
Hoopers will face Kwara Falcons, while Niger Potters battle Raptors of Lagos as the President Cup National Final 8 gets to the semifinal stage.
Afolabi Oni, NBBF Board Member (Media), said that Four points were all that separated Niger Potters and Benue Braves in a game that Potters won 88- 84 as they secured the semi final ticket.
Lucky Subel scored 21 points, 5 assists and 10 rebounds while the duo of Gabriel Erameh and John Enudi scored 19 points each.
Islanders recorded their first win at the National final 8 after two losses which was not enough for a semifinal place as they defeated Raptors who had already punched a semifinal ticket, 88-82 points.
Hoopers defeated Defenders of Abuja 69-56 points as they continued their unbeaten run in the competition.
Edited by Chidinma Agu/Ese E. Ekama
- Manchester United move into Europa League last eight
- Kwara schools reopen, comply with COVID-19 protocols
- No plan to absorb repentant Boko Haram fighters into military – Presidency
- NSE, DICON collaborate to propel Nigeria’s technological advancement
- Delta Govt. to partner private sector in fight against COVID-19 pandemic — Okowa
- Stakeholders embark on NCDs research among People Living with HIV
- CUPP urges respect for protesters’ rights
- Mass sack: Pilots, engineers threaten to withdraw services
- NIRSAL empowers 475 female cassava farmers, 2,872 farmers in south south
- Sell petrol at old rate until PPPRA gives directive, IPMAN tells members