The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) on Monday recorded 416 new cases of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the country, bringing the total number of infections in Nigeria to 10,578.
The agency said that 12 new patients were confirmed dead to the virus in the country on Monday.
It explained that most of the fatalities recorded from COVID-19 were cases with other underlying illnesses known as co-morbidities.
It stated that no new state had reported a case in the last 24 hours .
The the health agency’s data showed that Monday’s new cases were spread across 19 states and the FCT, with Lagos accounting for the highest number of infections for the day with 192 cases.
“The 416 new cases are reported from 20 states – Lagos (192), Edo (41), Rivers (33), Kaduna (30), Kwara (23), Nasarawa (18), Borno (17), FCT (14), Oyo (10), Katsina (7), Abia (5), Delta (5), Adamawa (4), Kano (4), Imo (3), Ondo (3), Benue(2), Bauchi(2), Ogun (2), Niger (1).
The NCDC said that till date, 10578 cases have been confirmed, 7157 active cases, 3122 cases have been treated and discharged and 299 deaths have been recorded in 35 states and the Federal Capital Territory.
- Shooting prompts Trump’s evacuation from White House briefing room
- Collection of forms for 774,000 Special Public Works commences in Rivers
- Lawmaker commends Buhari, Diri over Oloibiri Museum, appeals for befitting access road
- Pay 4 years pension arrears, gratuities, pensioners beg Wike
- Police arrest 27 armed robbery, Kidnapping suspects in Nasarawa
- Wike seeks Assembly’s approval for N18bn loan
- COVID-19: FG directs civil servants on levels 12, 13 to resume work
- Obaseki seeks traditional ruler’s blessing ahead of Sept. 19 election
- Kano Govt establishes 3 more schools for Almajiri children
- United States decries Russia’s decree targeting VOA, others