The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has recorded 463 new COVID-19 cases in the country as total infections rose to 33,616.
The NCDC made this known on its official twitter handle on Tuesday.
The NCDC said that as at the July, 14, there were 463 new confirmed cases and 10 deaths recorded in the country.
The agency stated that till date, 33,616 cases had been confirmed, 13,792 cases discharged and 754 deaths had been recorded in 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory.
It stated that the 463 new cases were reported from 17 states.
The NCDC stated that 128 of the new cases were reported in Lagos, 92 in Kwara and 39 in Enugu .
Ohers states with cases were Delta (33), Edo (29), Plateau (28), Kaduna (23), Oyo (15), Ogun (14), Osun (14), FCT (12), Ondo (9), Rivers (9), Abia (8), Bayelsa (5), Ekiti (3), and Borno (2).
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the health agency advised Nigerians to always wear a mask before leaving their homes.
It noted that the wearing of face mask appropriately could help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The agency reminded Nigerians that wearing face shield only could not protect from COVID-19, it must always be worn with a mask.
Edited By: Chidinma Agu/Ismail Abdulaziz (NAN)
- Shooting prompts Trump’s evacuation from White House briefing room
- Collection of forms for 774,000 Special Public Works commences in Rivers
- Lawmaker commends Buhari, Diri over Oloibiri Museum, appeals for befitting access road
- Pay 4 years pension arrears, gratuities, pensioners beg Wike
- Police arrest 27 armed robbery, Kidnapping suspects in Nasarawa
- Wike seeks Assembly’s approval for N18bn loan
- COVID-19: FG directs civil servants on levels 12, 13 to resume work
- Obaseki seeks traditional ruler’s blessing ahead of Sept. 19 election
- Kano Govt establishes 3 more schools for Almajiri children
- United States decries Russia’s decree targeting VOA, others