The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Command in Gombe State has arrested a 28 -year old businessman, Ismail Yusuf for being in possession of 296.8 kilograms of cannabis.
Adole said that the suspect was arrested on Thursday at about 4.00 a.m., with the substance in his house.
“Early this morning we went out for an operation and we successfully arrested a big drug dealer in town.
“We have been monitoring him for some time and thank God we were able to seize 296.8 kilograms of cannabis, about 341 blocks,” he said.
Adole said that the arrest was the second in three months.
“This is the second time in three months that we have arrested a suspected hard drug dealer with high quantity of drug.
“The last suspect was arrested with 321 kilograms of hard drugs which is about 401 blocks,” he said.
Adole called on residents of the state to assist the agency in the fight against drug abuse by giving useful information.
Speaking with newsmen, the suspect said he got the supply from his boss who resides in Abuja.
He said this was his first time in the business adding that he got involved in order to get money for taking care of his two pregnant wives and three children.(NAN)
Edited by Razak Owolabi/Ali Baba-Inuwa
- Nasarawa to provide schools with water, sanitation facilities
- SDGs: Quality, inclusive education my priority – Gov. Sule
- States can’t withdraw from minimum wage agreement, law binding to all — NLC
- U.S. to provide life-saving HIV treatment to 43,000 people in Imo
- Bauchi govt.to spend N12 bn to build 2,500 houses in 2020–Official
- Farmer calls for establishment of livestock agency to boost beef, dairy production
- Putin condemns EU stance on Nazi-Soviet WWII pact as ‘shameless lie’
- U.S. aviation regulator not likely clear 737 MAX before end of 2019
- We are on track in improving Manchester United, Solskjaer says
- NiMet predicts sunny, hazy weather condictions for Thursday
- FG says tackling global health problems requires global disciplinary cooperation, expertise
- Makinde signs Oyo State Anti- Corruption Bill into law
- Yuletide: Sanwo-Olu’s wife urges Nigerians to be security conscious
- Defamation: Edo Ex-speaker demands N500m from APC chieftain
- Anthony Joshua to present world championship belts to Buhari soon
- NLNG signs sales deal with Vitol SA on Train 1, 2 and 3
- NOC sets up 4-man committee on AFN crisis
- Plateau Govt. repeals disability commission act, to enact new law
- HIV/AIDS: Kwara Dep. Gov. harps on regular medical check-up
- End your strike to allow for negotiation, NECA urges electricity workers
- Committee expresses determination to host successful Abuja 2020 Para-Powerlifting Championships
- LASG to convert Majidun Rehab Centre to psychiatric hospital – Commissioner
- Christmas: FRSC promises free flow of traffic on Kaduna highways
- LASTMA arrests 25 for driving against traffic
- 261 Ogun pilgrims depart for Jerusalem
- I will alleviate your suffering, Makinde assures pensioners
- Practitioners that violate CRFFN Act risk expulsion, says governing council
- Education, powerful tool for driving growth, human devt.–Oyebode
- Alleged pension scam: How Maina illegally acquired property in son’s name–EFCC witness
- YouTube updates harassment policy to ban implicit threats, insults
- HMD Global launches new devices to enhance creativity, excitement for users
- No ‘dark Christmas’: S African leader promises action over power cuts
- Nigerian reseacher flays promotion of bone marrow transplant for HIV/AIDS cure
- INEC tasks stakeholders on free, fair elections
- Commission issues Certificates of Return to 16 LG chairmen in Ekiti
- NIS rolls out enhanced E-passport in Lagos
- World Pensioners’ Day: Adamawa pensioners demand fair treatment by politicians
- NSE indices record first gain in December, up 0.19%
- NCAT begins training in Drones operation
- Kwara community donates N3m office, motorcycle to NSCDC
- Defence equipment: Buratai wants Chinese firms to establish production line in Nigeria
- How to end insecurity–Gov. Oyetola
- Pension scam: Maina’s sister, Fatima, distance self from coys, bank accounts linked to her
- Cleric advises Christians to imbibe Jesus Christ virtues as they celebrate Christmas
- Reps to intervene in planned strike by NUEE
- FEC approves N307.5m for NAFDAC operational vehicles
- Electricity workers shutdown IE, EKEDC offices
- Rape: Oxfam seeks specialised training for police, legal practitioners
- PDP releases timetable for Edo municipal, state congresses
- Group calls for multi-stakeholders’ collaboration to tackle cultism