NDLEA charges man with 750g hemp peddling
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency on Friday charged a 31-year-old man, Kwaji Hamza, with drug trafficking, before a Federal High Court in Lagos.
The defendant is charged on one count in a suit marked /189c/2020.
According to the charge signed by the prosecutor, Mr Jeremiah Aernan, the defendant committed the alleged offence on June 15.
He was alleged to have been arrested on a tipoff in Festac Town, Lagos, while engaging in the sale of restricted narcotics, Cannabis Sativa (hemp).
The substance weighed 750g.
The alleged offence contravenes the provisions of Sections 11(c) of the NDLEA Act, Cap N30, Laws of the Federation, 2004.
The charge is pending before Justice Ayokunle Faji.
A date is yet to be fixed for arraignment of the defendant.
Edited By: Chidinma Agu (NAN)
- Board decries increase in maternal, newborn mortality in Plateau
- FG will prosecute destroyers of Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport fence – Minister
- IPAC dissolves interim committee, fixes Sept. 5 for election
- NiMet predicts cloudy, thundery activities Friday to Sunday
- Nigeria’s low COVID-19 cases due to low sample collection — NCDC
- Members pass vote of confidence in ALGON president, Kolade Alabi
- Osinbajo advocates purpose-built software for virtual court proceedings
- Oyo govt. to spend N5.5bn to remodel Salami Stadium
- Resurgence of COVID-19 on health workers worrisome — Minister
- NGO empowers 40 rehabilitated youths in Kwara