A new direct air route is set to be launched on Tuesday between Haikou, capital of South China’s Hainan Province, and Myanmar’s Rangoon.
The flight is the second direct route linking Hainan with Myanmar.
The air route is operated by China’s Jiuyuan Airlines, with three round trips scheduled every week.
The outbound flight AQ1133 will leave Haikou Meilan International Airport at 11:00 p.m. Beijing Time on every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, and is scheduled to land in Rangoon at 00:35 a.m. local time the following day.
The inbound flight AQ1134 will leave Rangoon at 01:35 a.m. local time and land in Haikou at 06:00 a.m. Beijing time every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
The Director of marketing, Jiuyuan Airlines, Qiu Jianming, said the company started to operate flights to Myanmar in October 2018, and has opened three direct air routes connecting Guangzhou, Guiyang and Changsha with Myanmar.
“Myanmar is an important country participating in the Belt and Road Initiative. We value the market of Myanmar,” Jianming said.
A direct route was launched in June 2019, linking Haikou with Myanmar’s Mandalay.
Fu Fenghua, an official with the Provincial Department of Tourism, Culture, Radio, Television and Sports (DTCRTS), said new air route would further boost the exchanges and cooperation between Hainan and Myanmar, and increase mutual visitors.
This, he said, would be of great significance to Hainan’s tourism.
“We will continue to promote Hainan’s tourism in Myanmar in 2020. We will invite Myanmar’s travel agencies and media to Hainan for field trips,“Fenghua said.
Data from DTCRTS showed Hainan received 1,087 tourists from Myanmar in the first 11 months in 2019, up 122.3 per cent year-on-year.
China plans to build Hainan into an international tourism and consumption centre by 2025 and a globally influential tourism and consumption destination by 2035.
Edited by: Yahaya Isah/Muhammad Suleiman Tola
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse