The Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has commended Gov.Babajide Sanwoolu for including ”tested party men” in his additional list of commissioner and Special Adviser nominees.
NAN reports that Mr Gboyega Akosile, the Deputy Press Secretary to the Governor ,in a statement on Tuesday said that another list of nominees had been sent to the legislature by Sanwoolu.
Others include: a former member of the House of Representatives, Mr Maruf Akinderu; Mr Olanrewaju Sanusi, Mr Oluwatoyin Fayinka and Mr Oladele Ajayi.
Also, Mr Bonu Saanu,Mr Kabiru Ahmed, Prince Anofi Elegushi,Mrs Solape Hammond, Mrs Shulamite Adebolu and Mr Tokunbo Wahab made the list.
NAN reports that Sanwoolu had released an initial list of 25 nominees in July that had been screened by the state House of Assembly .
Salami reacting to the development described the second list as a perfect blend of tested politicians and competent professionals.
He said the list reflected Sanwoolu’s appreciation of commitment and loyalty to the party, as well as expertise to move the state to the next level.
The Assistant Publicity Secretary added that the chapter was particularly glad about the nomination of its spokesman , Igbokwe as well as Arobieke, saying the duo and others would deliver.
”We commend the governor for giving us a perfect mix of technocrats and professionals on the new list.
”The new nominees, just as those in the first list, are competent people who will help realise the goal of a better Lagos.
”We are glad that the governor has included our spokesman ,Mr Igbokwe and other core party men who have always worked for the progress of APC in the state.
”With this list and the initial one, Lagos is definitely going to beca better place.
“We congratulate the governor and the new nominees. We wish them all the best, ” he said.
- Customs boss seeks separate budget for staff college
- ICT bedrock of any sub specialty, says Kebbi first lady
- NIDCOM condemns attack on Amaechi in Spain
- Kubwa Traffic: FCTA task team to close Gwarinpa U-turn
- Ahead of institute’s convocation, alumni call for improved attention to tourism
- Gov. Sule sets up committee on implementation of minimum wage
- Onu advocates inclusion of innovation in educational curriculum
- Tunisia foils illegal immigration attempt
- FG reaffirms commitment to establishing National Policy on Nanotechnology
- FCCPC to enforce passenger insurance on fleet operators
- Gov. Obaseki signs N179.2bn Appropriation Bill for Edo
- Nigerian Customs not afraid to take bold decisions
- TETFund retrieves N10bn from non-performing institutions
- Budget: We’re poised to exercise our constitutional mandate–Zamfara Speaker
- Police deploy new CP to Adamawa for LG Election
- Buratai tasks officers on improvement on current successes
- Agency begins taxpayer engagement to enhance revenue collection – Chairman
- Boko Haram abducts 18 in Cameroon’s Far North region
- Emir seeks abolition of GRA in llorin
- Apapa 72 hours road closure: FG seeks understanding for construction works
- EFCC nabs 4 suspects over alleged fraudulent business in Sokoto, Kebbi states
- Gov. Sule, Al-Makura deny friction over alleged inherited debts
- 40 youths receive N7.5m grant from IITA, AfricaRice project
- Zambia says plans to re-launch national airline active
- NSE moves 197.04m shares worth N3.53bn in bearish trading
- Yuletide: FRSC warns drivers against overloading, speeding in Sokoto
- Kwara Customs Command takes anti-smuggling campaign to border communities
- FCT minister lauds sharia court for being responsive
- AOT Lagos 1.0: Tech entrepreneurs advise startups on business sustainability
- Mental wellbeing is an inalienable right of every Nigerian – NGO
- NAF trains 3,629 personnel to meet Nigeria’s dynamic security challenges
- Lawyers call for abrogation of laws granting ex-governors pension
- Erosion prevention: Stakeholders seek national soil policy
- NIMASA’ll collaborate with other agencies to drive the transport sector – Peterside
- Train: Commuters laud FG’s investment, urge sustenance
- Port Harcourt varsity ASUU wants closed secretariat reopened
- 124 bag first class as OAU graduates 7,209
- 14 killed in rebel attack in Congo
- Shell pledges to implement NOSDRA’s directive on N2.74 remediation of spill site
- 8 die and 80,000 displace in Uganda flooding and landslides
- Gov. Buni swears-in 20 commissioners, special advisers
- Nigeria records slight reduction in corruption prevalence in 2019′ — NBS
- NIMASA boss advises transport institute on transformation of sector
- FG committed to establishment of ECOWAS Central Bank–Finance minister
- El-Rufai urges patronage of army’s defence hardware
- Traffic law enforcement: LASTMA set to track violators with mobile device
- Rape : 6 Lagelu Grammar School students denied bail
- NCCE boss, varsity VC bag 2019 campus safety leadership impact award
- $2.2trn global economy lost to illicit trade –Analyst
- NCWD donates 100 laptops to deaf women, female artisans