A new Commissioner of Police has assumed office in the Edo Command of the Nigerian Police Force.
He is CP Lawal Jimeta, former Commissioner, Police Mobile, Abuja.
Nigeria News Agency , reports that Jimeta officially took over from outgone CP, now Assistant Inspector-General of Police (AIG) Mohammed DanMalam.
Jimeta in his maiden remarks on Thursday pledged to be fair, firm, and humane in the discharge of his responsibilities in the state.
He also promised to follow the footprints of his predecessor to ensure that the state was well secured, protected and criminals eradicated from the state.
The new CP who noted that his predecessor had achieved a lot in the fight against crime and criminality in Edo further promised to uphold the human rights of all stakeholders in the state.
He, however, solicited the cooperation of all to ensure the safety and protection of every resident of the state.
He stressed that he would ensure that the policies of the Inspector-General of Police, Mr Adamu Abubakar, were strictly enforced in the state by officers and men in the command.
Earlier, DanMalam revealed that the Edo command had 55 Police Divisions and 10 Area Commands.
He charged the new CP to work in line with the 1999 constitution which saddled the responsibility to protect and secure the lives of citizens of the country on the force.
He expressed optimism that his successor would achieve greater success in the state, and charged him on the need for partnership with stakeholders.
CP Lawal Jimeta is the 41st CP in the history of the command.
Edited by Donald Ugwu (NAN)
- Bangladesh’s top court denies release for jailed ex-premier Zia
- Petroleum ministry warns public to discountenance fake Sylva’s social media accounts
- Tackling gender based violence in Nigeria
- Minimum Wage: NLC prepares for showdown with state governors Dec. 31
- FG to establish community museums to boost tourism – Lai Mohammed
- Air operation aims to degrade Boko Haram -CAS
- Army says video of Boko Haram killing of soldiers fabrication of IPOB
- Committee to restructure Jigawa Golden Stars FC inaugurated
- Use National Health Act to fast track UHC, Anthropologist tells FG
- Pensioners beg FG over speedy payment of N20b arrears
- Passenger slumps, dies at Lagos airport
- Kaduna govt offers digital skills training to 360 youth
- NYSC to review collaboration with NHIS on healthcare of corps members
- FG investigating Sowore-DSS incident – Malami
- Obasanjo hails Gov. El-Rufai’s pan-Nigeria character
- Buhari congratulates Maryam Uwais at 60
- Bingham varsity commences post-graduate programme in communication
- FEC approves portal for import duty exemptions, N40bn for road projects
- Expect more road repairs in 2020, lawmaker tells Lagosians
- Food System Vision 2050 Prize: UNILAG group engages stakeholders across value-chains
- 2020: All Africans can come to Nigeria without visa – Babandede
- Buhari condemns killing of 67 soldiers in Niger Republic
- Shell takes free eyecare services to host community in Bayelsa
- Nasarawa to provide schools with water, sanitation facilities
- SDGs: Quality, inclusive education my priority – Gov. Sule
- States can’t withdraw from minimum wage agreement, law binding to all — NLC
- U.S. to provide life-saving HIV treatment to 43,000 people in Imo
- Bauchi govt.to spend N12 bn to build 2,500 houses in 2020–Official
- Farmer calls for establishment of livestock agency to boost beef, dairy production
- Putin condemns EU stance on Nazi-Soviet WWII pact as ‘shameless lie’
- U.S. aviation regulator not likely clear 737 MAX before end of 2019
- We are on track in improving Manchester United, Solskjaer says
- NiMet predicts sunny, hazy weather condictions for Thursday
- FG says tackling global health problems requires global disciplinary cooperation, expertise
- Makinde signs Oyo State Anti- Corruption Bill into law
- Yuletide: Sanwo-Olu’s wife urges Nigerians to be security conscious
- Defamation: Edo Ex-speaker demands N500m from APC chieftain
- Anthony Joshua to present world championship belts to Buhari soon
- NLNG signs sales deal with Vitol SA on Train 1, 2 and 3
- NOC sets up 4-man committee on AFN crisis
- Plateau Govt. repeals disability commission act, to enact new law
- HIV/AIDS: Kwara Dep. Gov. harps on regular medical check-up
- End your strike to allow for negotiation, NECA urges electricity workers
- Committee expresses determination to host successful Abuja 2020 Para-Powerlifting Championships
- LASG to convert Majidun Rehab Centre to psychiatric hospital – Commissioner
- Christmas: FRSC promises free flow of traffic on Kaduna highways
- LASTMA arrests 25 for driving against traffic
- 261 Ogun pilgrims depart for Jerusalem
- I will alleviate your suffering, Makinde assures pensioners
- Practitioners that violate CRFFN Act risk expulsion, says governing council