Agbaje made the assertion at a news conference to herald the unveiling of the school’s 45,000 ultra-modern stadium on March 16 and its 6th Inter-House sports competion.
He said that the newly built stadium was constructed inside the school premises to further develop young talents through the New Hall Football Academy which was an offshoot of the school.
“We have done so well in education as far as New Hall International School is concerned and that is why we also feel children who have talents in sports should also be encouraged.
“This is also aimed at combining academics, arts and sports because we know full well that education is a blend of the three aspect.
“Apart from the stadium, we also have a multipurpose hall to engage our student in other sports.
“My willingness to leave something behind as a legacy, having being very successful in education and in the banking industry.
“I think it will be a good thing not to just pass this world without having my own input to what is happening in Nigeria in terms of education and sports,” the school’s director said.
Agbaje said that other sports ambassador of the academy, such as Segun Odegbami, Chioma Ajunwa, Eniefiok Obong and Friday Ekpo would also be on ground to grace the occasion.
The director said that the stadium would be open to schools and other academies, noting that the facility would be well maintained for sustainability.
Also, Henry Iwunyanwu, the manager of the academy, said the academy which was founded in 2018 by the school had help to discover and groom budding talents in football.
Iwunyanwu, who is a UEFA licensed coach, said the construction of the stadium would attract more youngsters to the academy.
“The construction of the ultra modern sporting facility is a major plus for the academy and we intend to leverage on it to groom more talents in football.
“We have hostels, gymnasium, a physiotherapy centre and dressing rooms that are all attached to the stadium and that is what is obtainable outside the country,” he said.
The coach added that the academy was currently in partnership with Manchester City FC of England to further enlarge its scope.
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business