The newly constituted Ogun Gubernatorial Election Tribunal on Wednesday warned lawyers and litigants against intimidation or threats on any member of the panel.
The Chairman of the Panel, Justice Adenike Coker, gave the warning at the inaugural sitting of the tribunal in Abeokuta.
Adenike also warned against any act that could amount to inducement of members of the panel.
The previous panel, led by Justice Chinwe Onyeabo, was disbanded following a reshuffle of tribunal panels across the country.
The Allied Peoples Movement (APM) had protested against the disbandment of the Onyeabo-led panel, describing it as ‘premeditated and unacceptable.’
The party hinged its argument on the alleged close relationship between Coker, Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo and Sen. Bola Tinubu, whom it described as stakeholders in the ongoing petition at the tribunal.
Adenike, however, gave assurance on Wednesday that the panel would be impartial, incorruptible and would adhere strictly to the rule of law and principles of fair hearing.
She also urged stakeholders not to embark on ‘smear campaigns’ against members of the tribunal.
‘‘This panel intends to conduct the proceedings herein without favour or fear of anyone except the Lord Almighty,’’ she said.
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study