Waves of Success Foundation, a Non-Governmental Organisation, has donated three operational vehicles to the Nigeria Police Command in Kogi to reinforce crime fighting in the state.
Chief Ocholi Yusuf Okpanachi, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the foundation, presented the vehicles (Volkswagen Sharon mini-buses) to the command on Tuesday in Lokoja.
Okpanachi underscored the need for individuals and corporate organisations to support security agencies in the fight against crime, saying the fight should not be left for government alone.
He said that the decision to extend a hand of fellowship to the police was against the backdrop of increasing cases of armed robbery, kidnapping and other forms of crime assailing the state in recent times.
“As an NGO, part of our social responsibilities to our immediate society is to complement government’s fight against insecurity of lives and property of citizens.
“We are ready to work with the police in finding lasting solution to the alarming rate of crimes across the state.
“Security of lives and property of the people should be seen as a joint effort between the police, individuals and organisations”, Okpanachi said.
He appealed to the people of the state to redouble their efforts in availing security agencies with useful information that would assist in crime prevention and detection.
Mr Ede Ayuba, Commissioner of Police in the state, who received the operational vehicles on behalf of the Nigeria Police Force, commended the Foundation for the assistance and promised to utilise the vehicles for the purposes intended.
Ayuba described Waves of Success Foundation as a God-sent organisation that would ever be remembered for touching the lives of the people positively and called on other foundations in the state to emulate the gesture.
He noted that government alone could not provide all facilities needed to secure the lives and property of Nigerians, hence the need for collaboration.
The commissioner pledged to sustain the fight against crime and criminality in the state against all odds.
Edited By: Olawunmi Ashafa/Oluwole Sogunle (NAN)
- NMA condemns disruption of election in Enugu
- Skills acquisition : Dangote refinery group, NDE train 200 Ibeju-Lekki youths
- Indonesia’s Mount Sinabung erupts for third time in a week
- Petroleum tankers drivers begin strike
- 4 drown in dangerous currents on Dutch coast
- NDLEA seizes 3,546kg hard drugs, arrests 205 suspects in FCT
- Iran says GCC call for Tehran arms embargo extension is ‘unrealistic’
- Poland’s PM wants special EU summit on Belarus
- Port Harcourt DisCo revokes electric bill distribution by contractors
- Six killed in south-western Pakistan blast, multiple wounded