Niger government says it will spend N403 million to rehabilitate the 11 kilometres dual carriage Minna City Gate-Chanchaga road.
Alhaji Balarabe Ibrahim, Chief of Staff to Gov. Abubakar Sani Bello of Niger, disclosed this while inspecting the mobilisation of heavy-duty equipment to site in Minna on Friday.
Ibrahim, who is also the Chairman of Infrastructure Monitoring Committee, explained that the road which is 5.5 kilometers dual carriage road would be rehabilitated to 11 kilometres by H and M Company Ltd.
He said that work would commence by Monday and urged commuters to bear with any inconvenience as well as give their maximum cooperation towards the success of the project.
The chairman said the state government needed a competent contractor due to the nature of the road.
He noted that the road was a federal road, but said the state government needed to rehabilitate the road to ease movement and reduce sufferings of motorists.
He said that the construction work would commence with one lane of the road to avoid gridlock.
Edited By: Olawunmi Ashafa/Ismail Abdulaziz (NAN)
- Mosque reopening: EKiti Muslims to bring private praying mats, ablution kettles
- Oil prices rise, head for weekly gain amid cautious hopes for fuel demand recovery
- U.S visa ban: Nigeria has substantially met demands, says FG Committee
- United States agency warns against toxic hand sanitisers
- Andreescu will not defend United States Open title
- Serena beats Venus to reach Lexington quarter-finals
- Gov. Umahi rejects Ebonyi’s transfer to Police Zone 13 Division
- UN Chief welcomes Israel, UAE peace agreement
- Caretaker committee promises better times for Anambra football stakeholders, unveils new FA secretariat
- NAPHER-SD identifies loopholes in sports industry policy draft, calls for review