The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) says internet users on Nigeria telecommunications networks increase to 123,486,615 as at May 2019.
The regulatory body made this known in its monthly Internet Subscriber Data, published on its website on Wednesday.
The data showed that internet users rose from 119,877,297 in April to 123,486,615 in May 2019, indicating an increase of 3,609,318 users.
It showed that of the 123,486,615 internet users, the Global System for Mobile communications (GSM) network had 122, 624, 417, the Fixed Wired had 10, 155 while the Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) network had 852,043 internet customers.
The data revealed that GSM operators increased their internet users by 3,118,014, rising from 119,506,403 subscribers in April to 122,624,417 in May 2019.
Of the GSM network, MTN Nigeria had 52,433,029 customers browsing on its network, showing an increase of 2,406,627 users in the month under review, as against 50,026,393 in April.
According to the report, Airtel Nigeria has 31,932,750 customers browsing on the internet in May, showing an increase of 595,093 from its April record of 31,337,657.
The report also revealed that Globacom Nigeria network recorded a rise of users by 198,142 with 28,825,533 internet users in the month of May, as against 28,627,391 customers in April.
The data also showed that Visafone had 82,637 internet users in May as against the 73,646 in April, recording an increase of 8,991 users in the month under review.
The Fixed Wired operators had a joint total of 10,155 internet users on their networks in May, indicating an increase of 156, as against 9,999 subscribers in April.
Edited by Edwin Nwachukwu, Rotimi Ijikanmi
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC
- Lawmaker tasks information officers on efficiency, professionalism
- Border Closure: FG inaugurates NFAN executives to boost fish production
- Group awards N1m scholarships to 10 Nekede Poly students