The Nigeria Taekwondo Federation (NTF) has lined up series of activities at the Moshood Abiola Stadium, formerly known as the National Stadium, Abuja.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday renamed the stadium after the late politician and sports enthusiast, as part of activities to mark the June 12 Democracy Day.
Abiola, was the acclaimed winner of the June 12, 1993Ppresidential election in the country which was annulled by the Gen. Ibrahim Babangida’s military regime.
Chika Chukwumerije, the NTF’s Technical Director, told NAN on telephone that the federation was happy to be the first sports federation to organise activities at the renamed stadium.
Chukwumerije, a Beijing 2008 Olympic bronze medalist, said that the activities which would come up in June would include a national referees’ workshop and a national Black Belt grading programme.
“The federation will also organise a world taekwondo global membership system club administration course for Nigerian Taekwondo club owners.
“It will also organise the highly anticipated national seniors open trials,” he said.
The NTF technical director also told NAN that registration for the events would be done through the World Taekwondo global membership system – Nigeria, which is the official database and portal of the NTF.
“More than 150 taekwondoists across the country are expected to participate in the various events,” he said.
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business