Ebere Amaraizu, Director of National Nationwide League One (NLO), says Nigeria-Burundi match shows that “no more underdog nation in African football’’.
Amaraizu said this to the News Agency of Nigeria on Saturday while reacting to the tension socked match in Group B between Nigeria and Burundi at the ongoing 2019 African Cup of Nations (AFCON).
NAN reports that the Super Eagles defeated the hard fighting Burundian by a narrow 1 – 0.
He said that each national team in the present AFCON came to Egypt to make a statement, and the Burundians had made a huge statement that they came to make serious impact in the tournament.
“It is clear with the match Nigeria played against the debutants, Burundi, that there is no minus nation in African football anymore,’’ he said.
Amaraizu, who is also the General Manager of Crime Busters FC, Enugu, noted that a tough first match was however good for the Nigerian team.
According to him, it will ensure that the Super Eagles work harder in subsequent matches in the tournament.
He, however, congratulated Nigerians and the Super Eagles for the hard fought victory.
- Assembly pledges proper upgrading of Sokoto Health Technology school
- Army releases emergency numbers for ‘Exercise Atilogwu Udo 1’
- Sickle Cell: Reps urge FG to introduce free, compulsory new born screening
- Appeal Court reaffirms election of 8 Sokoto lawmakers
- Data, veritable tool to achieving SDGs — Presidential aide
- Bayelsa: IPAC urges INEC to ensure free, fair, credible election
- Kagame delivers stern warning to persons trying to destabilise Rwanda
- NASS pledges support towards reducing Nigeria’s housing deficit
- FG to stop importation of steel materials – Minister
- NAHCO generates N7.38bn revenue in nine months
- TY Danjuma Foundation marks 10 years of philanthropy, promises more on healthcare
- Sudan inaugurates first childhood diabetes centre on World Diabetes Day
- Aisha Buhari inaugurates Kogi Presidential Lodge
- NNPC secures $1.16m US grant for 1,350MW Abuja Power Plant
- Airtel Africa set to expand Nigerian market with additional spectrum
- Group recommends procedures to enhance credibility of LG polls
- Kogi Election: Foundation cautions politicians against violence, malpractices
- Russia will recognise legitimate authorities in Bolivia only after elections – Zakharova
- Accident bureau releases preliminary reports on Air Peace incidents
- NSE market capitalisation inches N245bn, as fixed income instrument yields decline