During the presentation of the items at the Yola Central Prison and Yola Specialists Hospital on Wednesday, Mr Muhammed Bello, Secretary, Nigerian Red Cross Society, Adamawa, said the gesture was to commemorate the 2019 World Red Cross Day.
He said the theme of the 2019 World Red Cross Day is:“#Love For Humanity’’.
“ The Nigerian Red Cross Society, Adamawa branch, has visited the Yola and Jimeta Prisons, where we showed love to inmates and identified with them.
“We also visited the Yola Specialists Hospital, Nana Asma,u , Bakko and Aliyu Musdapha clinics in Yola South.
“During the visits , we presented blankets, Insecticide treated mosquito nets, delivery kits, detergents and other items to them,’’ Bello said.
In their separate responses, Dr Bala Sa,idu, Chief Medical Director, Yola Specialists Hospital and Mr Abubakar Muhammed, Assistant Comptroller of Prisons in charge of the Yola Prison, thanked the organisation for the presentations.
World Red Cross Day is celebrated on May 8 each year. This date is the anniversary of the birth of Henry Dunant, who was born on May 8, 1828. He was the founder of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and the recipient of the first Nobel Peace Prize.
- Eid-el-Maulud: MURIC urges youth to embrace FG’s SIP
- Verdict: Oyo APC lauds Appellate Court, urges calm
- Rotaract Club donates hospital items to Ojodu Lagos PHC
- Niger Govt. reinvigorates school sports to engage youths meaningfully
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy