Nigeria’s active mobile subscribers hit 162m in Q4 2018 — NBS
Abuja, March 11, 2019 The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) said Nigeria’s active mobile subscribers dropped to 162,032,481 million in the fourth quarter, 2018 from 172,824,239 million and 162,522,772 million recorded in the third and second quarter, 2018, respectively.
The NBS disclosed this in its “Telecommunication Data (Q3 and Q4 2018)” released on its website.
According to the report, the active voice subscriber base increased by 6.66 per cent in the quarters under review.
It said a total of 106,420,858 and 112, 065,740 subscribers were active on internet in the fourth and third quarter as against 103,514,997 in second quarters, 2018.
This, according to the bureau, represents 8.26 per cent growth in internet subscriber base in the period.
“Similarly, Lagos State has the highest number of subscribers in terms of active internet per state in fourth quarter, 2018 followed by Ogun and Kano States.
“Bayelsa and Ebonyi States have the least number of subscribers in the period under review,” it said.
According to the bureau, MTN network provider has the highest share of voice subscription, followed by GLO , AIRTEL, EMTS and others.
It said MTN also had the highest share of internet subscription, followed by GLO, AIRTEL, EMTS and others.
The NBS said the data for the report was provided by the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) and verified by the NBS.
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC
- Lawmaker tasks information officers on efficiency, professionalism
- Border Closure: FG inaugurates NFAN executives to boost fish production
- Group awards N1m scholarships to 10 Nekede Poly students