The Forum of Directors’ of Sports in Nigeria has congratulated the new Minister of Sports and Youth Development, Sunday Dare, urging him to embark on total development of the sector.
The Chairman of the group, who is also the Director of Sports in Kwara, Malam Tunde Kazeem, said in a statement in Ilorin that embarking on total development of all sports, especially at the grassroots, would enable the sector to grow rapidly.
“I want to, on behalf of all Directors of Sports in Nigeria, congratulate you on your appointment as the Sports and Youth Development Minister, and to also call on you to support and mobilise the sports federations to discover new talents,” he said.
He also urged the minister to facilitate the upgrading of existing sports facilities all over the country and embark on construction of new ones.
“You cannot run sports without necessary and adequate facilities and equipment, and providing such will boost all round development of sports in Nigeria,” he said.
Kazeem further called for adequate training and retraining of coaches with the institution of motivational initiatives to elicit dedication and commitment.
- TY Danjuma Foundation marks 10 years of philanthropy, promises more on healthcare
- Sudan inaugurates first childhood diabetes centre on World Diabetes Day
- Aisha Buhari inaugurates Kogi Presidential Lodge
- NNPC secures $1.16m US grant for 1,350MW Abuja Power Plant
- Airtel Africa set to expand Nigerian market with additional spectrum
- Group recommends procedures to enhance credibility of LG polls
- Kogi Election: Foundation cautions politicians against violence, malpractices
- Russia will recognise legitimate authorities in Bolivia only after elections – Zakharova
- Accident bureau releases preliminary reports on Air Peace incidents
- NSE market capitalisation inches N245bn, as fixed income instrument yields decline
- Kebbi Govt to disburse N1.5bn loan to livestock farmers
- FG says other options available for social media regulation
- Why we decided to work in harmony with Executive-Lawan
- Buhari writes Scientific Magazine, says planting trees solution to conflicts
- Gov. Ugwuanyi pledges support for indigenous companies to grow
- Kogi poll: Coalition calls for level playing ground for all candidates
- U.S. wants coalition to focus on foreign IS fighters, Africa
- Ember Months: FRSC decry high rate of accidents in Nasarawa
- Yuletide: FRSC harps on safe-driving culture to ensure zero crash, zero fatality
- I told Trump Turkey can’t scrap Russian S-400 system – Erdogan