The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) has donated food items to the Kaduna State Government for onward distribution to flood victims in the state.
The Director-General of the agency, Dr Dakuku Peterside, who was represented by the Executive Director, Finance and Administration, Bashir Jamo presented the items to Gov Nasiru El-Rufai on Wednesday in Kaduna.
While presenting the items, Peterside said the gesture was in line with the organisation’s corporate social responsibility.
He noted that the visit was the first time to deliver relief materials to flood victims in the state
“We cannot only wait to administer our mandate by taking care of our own alone but all stakeholders; stakeholders who include victims of flood all over the country.
“The agency looked at the states affected by the disaster and gave to the people affected within the 20 states.
He reiterated the organisation’s commitment to support flood victims in the country and also commiserated with the affected persons.
Receiving the delegates, Gov. El-Rufai thanked the organisation for the support toward alleviating the impact and negative outcomes from the flooding.
According to him, the state government has done a lot to prevent such occurrences in various parts of the state.
He said the support came at an appropriate time adding that the state has over 1,238 IDPs in camps at Kajuru alone and over 4,000 in Birnin Gwari.
He explained that the gesture will not be forgotten in a hurry and called on other government agencies to follow the footsteps of NIMASA by coming to support the state government in aiding people of vulnerable groups
- Pakistan’s opposition to ramp up protests to force out PM Imran Khan
- Global oil demand growth to slow from 2025 – IEA
- Tokyo 2020: Olympic Eagles bounce back to reckoning
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies