The Sports Writers Association of Nigeria (SWAN) has urged the management of Kwara State Polytechnic not to abandon its sporting facilities after the forthcoming Nigeria Polytechnic Games (NIPOGA).
The Chairman of the association in Kwara, Mr Jimoh Bashir, said this on Wednesday in Ilorin when he led the executive of SWAN on a courtesy visit to the management of the polytechnic.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that the NIPOGA games is billed for Dec. 4 to Dec.14 at the institution.
Bashir sought the partnership of the institution toward effective coverage of the games.
He also implored the institution to encourage students to train with the facilities even after the games to enhance its longevity.
Bashir expressed the determination of the body in rendering support to ensure a hitch-free NIPOGA.
Responding, the Acting Rector of the institution, Dr Yekini Oyebode, commended the SWAN leadership in the state for the visit and promised to partner it in ensuring the games were accorded required coverage.
Oyebode highlighted the gains of hosting the games to include talents discovery, improvement of economic activities in the school and host community as well as showcasing the cultural heritage of the host state.
He promised that there would be synergy between the school and SWAN to ensure a successful hosting of the games.
Oyebode, who said, that the institution was currently running 60 accredited programmes, noted that the institution was one of the second generation polytechnics maintaining stable academic calendar.(NAN)
(Edited by Folasade Adeniran/Mufutau Ojo)
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC
- Lawmaker tasks information officers on efficiency, professionalism