The All Progressives Congress on Saturday screened the immediate past Minister of State for Agriculture and Rural Development, Sen. Heineken Lokpobiri.
Similarly, the party screened the immediate past Cross River State Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) of the Independent Electoral Commission (INEC) Frankland Briyai for Nov. 16 governorship election in Bayelsa.
Nigeria News Agency, reports that others, who were screened by the Mr Ita Isong led National Screening Committee include a former female Commissioner of Police, Deseye Poweigha, Ebitimi Amgbare, David Lyon and Preye Aganaba,
Earlier, Isong assured all the aspirants of a level playing ground to ensure a smooth primary of the party on Sept. 29 andl the election.
Speaking with journalists after the screening, the former Cross River REC, Frankland Briyai, and former Minister, Heineken Lokpobiri, said that they were satisfied with the outcome.
Lokpobiri said: ”Well, the screening committee did an excellent job, out of the seven aspirants, I happen to be the last person to be screened and I think the process went very well.
“If I don’t get the ticket, I will definitely cooperate with the party. Am a party man.
“Ultimately, other aspirants are expected to rally round whoever gets the party ticket, so that we can work together for the party.”
On his part, Briyia, reiterated his earlier promises to led Bayelsa industrial revolution as he had been a leader with proven integrity and commitment.
He said: “Bayelsa needs somebody who could share, who could build, who could lead.
“I have been a leader in my post primary school and tertiary school, even in my places of work I have quite outstanding qualities that make me believe that when I win and become the governor of Bayelsa, citizens will experience the best of life.”
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study