Ilorin, March 24, 2019 Kwara United FC of Ilorin put up a fantastic performance on Sunday to beat visiting Katsina United 1-0.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the match day 12 Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) encounter was played at the Kwara Stadium Complex, Ilorin.
Kwara United would have been ahead as early as the eighth minute when Lookman Binuyo cross found Ebenezer Odeyemi in the Katsina box, but the former Niger Tornadoes striker headed wide.
Katsina United responded one minute later through Martins Usule who beat Kwara United defenders before he shot at Abdullateef Ishola who dealt well with the opportunity.
Segun Alebiosu in the 15th minute connected a pass in Katsina United’s box but Frank Kappe defended well to turn the shot away from goal.
Kwara United dominated much of the possession in the game with Katsina United’s game plans working perfectly well until the 35th minute when Segun Alebiosu broke the deadlock.
Alebiosu beat the Katsina United’s defenders against the run of play to connect an
Odeyemi pass in the six yards box before the attacker used his right foot to turn the ball in the net.
Odeyemi again combined well with his strike partner, Alebiosu, inside Katsina’s box before the striker then released a powerful shot which Tsawanya Samuel blocked to deny him a goal in the 43rd minute.
Katsina United restarted the game better and were close to leveling the score in the 50th minute but Andrew Ikefe tracked back to correct an Akeem Onigbari’s defensive blunder.
Kwara United regained dominance of the game as they pinned their visitors to their half.
The Harmony Boys wasted so many scoring opportunities and they maintained their brilliant start to the game to the end of the match to record the 1-0 win.
Kwara United will travel to Akure to lock horns with Sunshine Stars during match day 13 on Sunday.
- Kwara schools reopen, comply with COVID-19 protocols
- No plan to absorb repentant Boko Haram fighters into military – Presidency
- NSE, DICON collaborate to propel Nigeria’s technological advancement
- Delta Govt. to partner private sector in fight against COVID-19 pandemic — Okowa
- Stakeholders embark on NCDs research among People Living with HIV
- CUPP urges respect for protesters’ rights
- Mass sack: Pilots, engineers threaten to withdraw services
- NIRSAL empowers 475 female cassava farmers, 2,872 farmers in south south
- Sell petrol at old rate until PPPRA gives directive, IPMAN tells members
- Delta commissioner honoured for fighting against COVID-19