However, the talking point of the day may well be MFM of Lagos second win on the road against Oriental sides after beating Rangers 1-0 just as they did to Heartland on opening day.
Wikki began the day level on points with Plateau and were looking on going tops with a possible win away from home as they did on Matchday 2.
The Bauchi side took the lead on the 12th minute through Jackson Daniels.
However, Coach Andy Maikaba’s men drew level 12 minutes before the break through Mustapha Ibrahim, before Abbar Umar scrambled home Itodo’s throw-in, 10 minutes after the restart for the winner.
Tony Bolus guided MFM to their second win away from home in some stylish fashion, when they stunned Rangers in Enugu, with Chuks Kenedinum’s goal just before the break.
Similar result was recorded in Kano as Pillars, without their inspirational captain, Rabiu Ali, lost by a lone goal to visiting Lobi Stars.
Douglas Achiv was the scorer for Coach Gbenga Ogunbote’s side.
At the Enyimba Stadium in Aba, eight time champions, Enyimba stunned Akwa United 3-1, to go second on the log.
Austin Oladapo had given Abdallah’s men the advantage on 13 minutes through a penalty, before Stanley Dimgba and Samson Obi grabbed the second and third on 30 and 33 minutes respectively.
Mfon Udoh’s clever chip could only help reduce the deficit for the Promise Keepers six minutes before the break.
Danladi Umar had earlier denied the striker from a similar scenario on the 40th minute.
Elsewhere, Phillip Auta’s effort on 32nd minute salvaged a point for Abia Warriors at home to Kabiru Dogo’s Sunshine Stars.
The Akure side earlier took control of the game with Fuad Ekelejuoti’s goal on 19 minutes.
Less than 42kilometres away from Umuahia, Heartland FC had to rely on Nnonshiri Samuel’s 63rd minute penalty, to salvage a point at home to visiting Akwa Starlets FC.
The Uyo side drew first blood through Femi Ajayis goal six minutes before the break.
Chigozie Chilekwu’s header was the difference between FC IfeanyiUbah and Rivers United in Nnwei, while Efe Yarhere and Sunday Williams aided Warri Wolves to a 2-0 win at home to newcomers Adamawa United.
Nigeria News Agency reports that a total of 22 goals were scored with six home wins, two away wins and two draws recorded at the end of MatchDay 3.
MatchDay 3 Results
Plateau Utd 2-1 Wikki Tourists
Kano Pillars 0-1 Lobi Stars
Heartland 1-1 Akwa Starlets
FC Ifeanyi Ubah 1-0 Rivers Utd
Rangers 0-1 MFM
Warri Wolves 2-0 Adamawa Utd
Abia Warriors 1-1 Sunshine Stars
Enyimba 3-1 Akwa Utd
Edited by Dianabasi Effiong/Sadiya Hamza
- Osinbajo harps on culture, tourism in new world order
- Customs boss seeks separate budget for staff college
- ICT bedrock of any sub specialty, says Kebbi first lady
- NIDCOM condemns attack on Amaechi in Spain
- Kubwa Traffic: FCTA task team to close Gwarinpa U-turn
- Ahead of institute’s convocation, alumni call for improved attention to tourism
- Gov. Sule sets up committee on implementation of minimum wage
- Onu advocates inclusion of innovation in educational curriculum
- Tunisia foils illegal immigration attempt
- FG reaffirms commitment to establishing National Policy on Nanotechnology
- FCCPC to enforce passenger insurance on fleet operators
- Gov. Obaseki signs N179.2bn Appropriation Bill for Edo
- Nigerian Customs not afraid to take bold decisions
- TETFund retrieves N10bn from non-performing institutions
- Budget: We’re poised to exercise our constitutional mandate–Zamfara Speaker
- Police deploy new CP to Adamawa for LG Election
- Buratai tasks officers on improvement on current successes
- Agency begins taxpayer engagement to enhance revenue collection – Chairman
- Boko Haram abducts 18 in Cameroon’s Far North region
- Emir seeks abolition of GRA in llorin
- Apapa 72 hours road closure: FG seeks understanding for construction works
- EFCC nabs 4 suspects over alleged fraudulent business in Sokoto, Kebbi states
- Gov. Sule, Al-Makura deny friction over alleged inherited debts
- 40 youths receive N7.5m grant from IITA, AfricaRice project
- Zambia says plans to re-launch national airline active
- NSE moves 197.04m shares worth N3.53bn in bearish trading
- Yuletide: FRSC warns drivers against overloading, speeding in Sokoto
- Kwara Customs Command takes anti-smuggling campaign to border communities
- FCT minister lauds sharia court for being responsive
- AOT Lagos 1.0: Tech entrepreneurs advise startups on business sustainability
- Mental wellbeing is an inalienable right of every Nigerian – NGO
- NAF trains 3,629 personnel to meet Nigeria’s dynamic security challenges
- Lawyers call for abrogation of laws granting ex-governors pension
- Erosion prevention: Stakeholders seek national soil policy
- NIMASA’ll collaborate with other agencies to drive the transport sector – Peterside
- Train: Commuters laud FG’s investment, urge sustenance
- Port Harcourt varsity ASUU wants closed secretariat reopened
- 124 bag first class as OAU graduates 7,209
- 14 killed in rebel attack in Congo
- Shell pledges to implement NOSDRA’s directive on N2.74 remediation of spill site
- 8 die and 80,000 displace in Uganda flooding and landslides
- Gov. Buni swears-in 20 commissioners, special advisers
- Nigeria records slight reduction in corruption prevalence in 2019′ — NBS
- NIMASA boss advises transport institute on transformation of sector
- FG committed to establishment of ECOWAS Central Bank–Finance minister
- El-Rufai urges patronage of army’s defence hardware
- Traffic law enforcement: LASTMA set to track violators with mobile device
- Rape : 6 Lagelu Grammar School students denied bail
- NCCE boss, varsity VC bag 2019 campus safety leadership impact award
- $2.2trn global economy lost to illicit trade –Analyst