Hosts Nasarawa United Football Club defeated Jigawa Golden Stars FC of Dutse 1-0 in a Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) Match Day 20 fixture in Lafia on Sunday.
In the keenly-contested encounter at the Lafia Township Stadium, Ikenna Ofor utilised a loose ball in the 65th minute to score from close range and put the hosts ahead.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that both teams made frantic efforts to score thereafter, but failed to do so till the end of the game.
He said this was essential to steer the team out of the relegated relegation zone.
“It was a sweet victory but a hard-earned one. But this is not time for celebration yet or too much talking, because this is time for action.
“We have been given a mandate by the state governor to make sure we solve a bad situation and with what we saw today, I can say it is work in progress.
“We have three home matches and we are done with one. We are expecting to be done with the next ones. Then we go out and struggle for some points so that we can get out of the situation the club is in,’’ Danladi said.
He expressed confidence in the team and its ability to meet the target set for it by the club management.
“From what I see here, we have a beautiful team and I think what is lacking is self-confidence and psychological boost.
“Now that we have come, we will be able to address some issues and as you can see, all of them are ready to play for each other. The team is a young but very ambitious team,” Danladi said.
Edited By: Olawale Alabi)
Watch Live News
Make A Comment
- COVID-19: NCDC confirms 5 new cases in Nigeria
- COVID-19: FCTA begins decontamination of Abuja
- COVID-19: PDP tasks NASS on proposed N500bn intervention fund
- NNPC repairs vandalised pipeline at Mosan, Ipaja Lagos – LASEMA
- KDSG to prosecute anyone caught diverting food for vulnerable people – Commissioner
- Coronavirus – Uganda: Update on the Covid-19 Outbreak in Uganda
- Kaduna food distribution: Poor people not getting items – Coalition
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: Notification on Situational COVID 19 Update
- COVID-19: Oyo govt to fumigate markets in the state
- Coronavirus – Kenya: Kenyatta University Teaching and Referral Hospital becomes COVID-19 facility
- Coronavirus – South Africa: President Cyril Ramaphosa assesses progress and challenges on implementation of Coronavirus COVID-19 lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown: LASG to punish officials undermining welfare programme
- Buhari condoles with Kano community over demise of 2 prominent citizens
- COVID-19 Lockdown: Lagos offers free treatment for maternity, emergency patients
- Singapore reports 75 new coronavirus cases
- COVID-19: Gynaecologist calls for sustained antenatal, maternal care for pregnant women
- COVID-19: Bangladesh extends public transport shutdown to April 11 to contain spread
- COVID-19: Yobe Govt says suspected case negative
- Oshiomhole @ 68: APC Governors laud party chairman’s commitment to national unity
- BNSG accuses Uji, former Teachers service board boss, of financial impropriety