Mr Abdullahi Gana, Commandant General, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps(NSCDC), on Wednesday gave N.8million to families of four officers who lost their lives in active service in Ondo State.
Represented by Ondo State Commandant, Phillip Ayuba, the NSCDC boss explained that the gesture was aimed at ameliorating and soothing the pains of the deceased officers’ families.
The commandant general admonished the officers and men of the Corps to continue to show love and kindness to one another.
“The presentation of the welfare packages today is to soothe the pains of the families of personnel who lost their lives in active service in Ondo State command,” he said.
Gana prayed for God’s protection on all officers of the corps and charged them to continue to be professional in the discharge of their duties.
A recipient, Mr Olorunmo Ade, who spoke on behalf of other beneficiaries, expressed their gratitude for the magnanimity and benevolent gesture of the NSCDC.
Ade said the money allotted to each family would go a long way in ameliorating the burden created by the departure of their loved ones.
Edited By: Muftau Adediran/Wale Ojetimi (NAN)
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse