The State Commandant, Lucy Samu, disclosed this to newsmen on Saturday in Abakaliki on measures adopted to ensure safety of citizens against the virus.
Samu said the measures were made to border posts, both in entries and exit points of the state and to isolation centres to break any possible transmission into the state.
She added that the corps would provide security and ensure people were orderly in those locations where the personnel was deployed.
She further added that the Commandant General of the Corps, Gana Muhammadu, had provided tents for the officers deployed to be mounted at the locations to ease activities in the areas.
“In a bid to stop any possible spread of the virus into the state, the state command deployed 250 officers to the locations to provide security for medical personnel and ensure citizens stay at home as directed.
“The command is also partnering with other relevant agencies to ensure the enforcement of the rules and regulations of the federal and state governments in combating the pandemic is kept,” Samu said.
She however, commended Gov. David Umahi for putting machinery in place and its response strategy to curtail the virus from spreading into the state.
“Intensive sensitisation on safety measures to maintain and the need to practice hand washing regularly were also carried out to eateries, shops, banks, parks and other places by the Governor and his team,” Samu noted.
Edited By: Gregg Mmaduakolam/Maureen Atuonwu
- Stockbrokers urge Nigerians to support FG’s growth plan through Sukuk
- Anniversary: Delta Speaker salutes Gov. Okowa
- Anniversary:Gov. Mohammed attributes succes of his administration to robust relationship with Federal Government
- Sudan summons Ethiopian charge d’affaires in protest over army-backed cross-border attack
- Benue LG polls: Observers attribute low turn out to COVID-19
- COVID-19 won’t truncate Nigeria’s electoral process – INEC
- Legal practitioner seeks employment for youths to boost economy
- Serbian president satisfied with progress in Belgrade-Budapest railway construction
- Indian states ban consumption, spitting of tobacco in public places to prevent COVID-19
- COVID-19: UNIPORT begins mass production of face mask, hand sanitizers
- Kwara Muslim Council tasks Gov. AbdulRazaq to consolidate 1-year achievements
- Police arrest 16 suspects over kidnapping, armed robbery, others
- Air India Delhi-Moscow plane called back as pilot found COVID-19 positive
- Anniversary: APGA applauds Zamfara Govt for tackling insecurity
- La Liga clubs free to start full training from Monday
- COVID-19 deaths in Netherlands rise by 20
- Police confirm kidnap of 4 persons in Delta Community
- Runaway coronavirus positive case in Aba surrenders self, family to hospital
- NLC condemns killings in Sokoto
- People arrive at Bournemouth Beach in Britain