Market indicators of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) rose marginally by 0.20 per cent on Friday after weeks of downward movement.
The All-Share Index, which opened at 27,864.49, grew by 55.01 points or 0.20 per cent to close at 27,919.30 due to price gains.
Also, the market capitalisation appreciated by N20 billion or 0.20 per cent to close at N13.606 trillion from the N13.579 trillion achieved on Thursday.
Forte Oil led the price gainers’ table by N1.80 to close at N20.15 per share.
MTN Nigeria also appreciated by N1 to close at N128 per share.
Access Bank gained 40k to close at N6.40, while Four Mills also added 40k to close at N14.40 per share.
Conversely, Cement Company of Northern Nigeria recorded the highest price loss of N1.50 to close at N12 per share.
Stanbic IBTC trailed with a loss of 50k to close at N38, while Fidson Healthcare declined by 45k to close at N4.10 per share.
UACN was down by 40k to close at N5.40, while PZ Cussons depreciated by 20k to close at N5.80 per share.
UBA was the most active stock during the day, accounting for 45.29 million shares worth N249.57 million.
Access Bank followed with 42.79 million shares valued at N259.49 million, while FBN Holdings traded 41.93 million shares worth N238.60 million.
GTB traded26.64 million shares valued at N777.79 million, while Courtville traded 20.15 million shares worth N4.05 million.
In all, a total 274.21 million shares valued at N2.84 billion were exchanged by investors in 2,966 deals.
- Nigerian Customs not afraid to take bold decisions
- TETFund retrieves N10bn from non-performing institutions
- Budget: We’re poised to exercise our constitutional mandate–Zamfara Speaker
- Police deploy new CP to Adamawa for LG Election
- Buratai tasks officers on improvement on current successes
- Agency begins taxpayer engagement to enhance revenue collection – Chairman
- Boko Haram abducts 18 in Cameroon’s Far North region
- Emir seeks abolition of GRA in llorin
- Apapa 72 hours road closure: FG seeks understanding for construction works
- EFCC nabs 4 suspects over alleged fraudulent business in Sokoto, Kebbi states
- Gov. Sule, Al-Makura deny friction over alleged inherited debts
- 40 youths receive N7.5m grant from IITA, AfricaRice project
- Zambia says plans to re-launch national airline active
- NSE moves 197.04m shares worth N3.53bn in bearish trading
- Yuletide: FRSC warns drivers against overloading, speeding in Sokoto
- Kwara Customs Command takes anti-smuggling campaign to border communities
- FCT minister lauds sharia court for being responsive
- AOT Lagos 1.0: Tech entrepreneurs advise startups on business sustainability
- Mental wellbeing is an inalienable right of every Nigerian – NGO
- NAF trains 3,629 personnel to meet Nigeria’s dynamic security challenges
- Lawyers call for abrogation of laws granting ex-governors pension
- Erosion prevention: Stakeholders seek national soil policy
- NIMASA’ll collaborate with other agencies to drive the transport sector – Peterside
- Train: Commuters laud FG’s investment, urge sustenance
- Port Harcourt varsity ASUU wants closed secretariat reopened
- 124 bag first class as OAU graduates 7,209
- 14 killed in rebel attack in Congo
- Shell pledges to implement NOSDRA’s directive on N2.74 remediation of spill site
- 8 die and 80,000 displace in Uganda flooding and landslides
- Gov. Buni swears-in 20 commissioners, special advisers
- Nigeria records slight reduction in corruption prevalence in 2019′ — NBS
- NIMASA boss advises transport institute on transformation of sector
- FG committed to establishment of ECOWAS Central Bank–Finance minister
- El-Rufai urges patronage of army’s defence hardware
- Traffic law enforcement: LASTMA set to track violators with mobile device
- Rape : 6 Lagelu Grammar School students denied bail
- NCCE boss, varsity VC bag 2019 campus safety leadership impact award
- $2.2trn global economy lost to illicit trade –Analyst
- NCWD donates 100 laptops to deaf women, female artisans
- Enugu Govt. targets 1 million children for Meningitis A vaccination
- Remain united, Gov. Wike urges ex-servicemen
- Border closure: Temporary pains for long term gains -presidential aide
- Yuletide: Ministry promises early completion of road repair in Edo
- Niger Insurance pays N1.4b claims in 9months, promises to settle outstanding soon
- Deafness: Specialist recommends regular check on ears
- Don lauds FG on Budget Circle
- Union seeks NASS intervention over stamp duties, fears job losses in NIPOST
- AAUA alumni inaugurates education trust fund for indigent students
- Improve your IGR, Adamu urges tertiary institutions
- Kaduna Govt. trains MDAs on key roles to achieving MDGs