After two successive trading sessions on positive sentiment, the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) on Wednesday lost N57 billion due to sell pressure on 15 stocks.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that the All Share Index (ASI) dipped by 171.28 points or 0.44 per cent to close at 26,339.11 against 26,456.39 on Tuesday.
Similarly, the market capitalisation lost N56 billion to close at N12.822 trillion from the N12.878 trillion achieved on Tuesday.
Analysts at Afrinvest Limited said that “As sentiment still remains weak toward the stock market, we maintain our bearish outlook in the absence of catalysts to spur investors’ appetite for equities.”
Market breadth closed negative with 13 gainers against 15 losers.
Ikeja Hotels recorded the highest price appreciation of 9.09 per cent to close at 96k per share.
A.G. Leventis Nigeria and Jaiz Bank followed with a gain 7.14 per cent each to close at 30k and 60k per share, respectively.
Conversely, Total Nigeria led the price losers’ chart in percentage terms with 9.98 per cent to close at N110.90 per share.
PZ Cussons followed with a decline of 9.91 per cent to close at N5, while Consolidated Hallmark Insurance dipped by 7.14 to close at 39k per share.
Unilever lost 5.61 per cent to close at N18.50, while Oando shed 3.90 per cent to close at N3.20 per share.
However, the total volume traded increased by 64.80 per cent as 610.58 million shares worth N11.10 billion were traded in 5,031 deals.
This was in contrast to the turnover of 378.35 million shares valued at N7.15 billion achieved in 4,798 deals on Tuesday.
Zenith Bank topped the activity chart with 336.61 million shares worth N5.79 billion.
Access Bank followed with 73.79 million shares worth N714.2 million, while Nigerian Breweries traded 63.84 million shares valued at N3.01 billion.
GTB accounted for 24.25 million shares valued at N695.56 million, while UBA transacted 16.38 million shares worth N110.79 million.
Edited by Tajudeen Atitebi
- FG assures qualified teachers of good welfare, incentives
- Buhari mourns Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke
- Salome Abuh, PDP woman leader burnt to death, buried amid tears
- NAN correspondent gets accolades for sponsoring soccer tournament
- ECOWAS Presidents to meet on single currency regime Dec. 21
- FGGC Yola old students seek unity among children
- FEATURE: Gender-Based Violence: Do men suffer same?
- Nasarawa grassroots sports: Ezhiba defeat Alashe in competition organised by NAN Correspondent
- SWOFON commends women farmers’ successes in spite of challenges
- New Ondo IPAC chairman promises to build trust among members
- Education remains potent weapon to reduce unemployment -Buhari
- LG poll: ADSIEC Chairman expresses concern over low turnout of voters
- Experts outline ways to fund Nigeria’s infrastructure deficit through capital market
- Minister tasks Nigerians on regular exercise for healthy living
- Nollywood: Audition for ‘A Call to Service’, pro-NYSC scheme movie debuts in FCT
- Tallen gives N250, 000 cash prize to best UniJos graduating female students, to support 200 indigent ones with N4m
- Christmas: Enugu residents opt for de-stoned local rice as price of imported variant soars
- Xmas : SWAN donates cloths, food, celebrates with orphans
- Fair approach to governance sure guarantee for democratic stability – Gov. Tambuwal
- Ex-Chief of Army staff urges women, girls to acquire skills
- 981 Kogi teachers write professional exam
- Lagos-Ibadan rail project: NASS Joint C’ttee inspects, expresses satisfaction
- Provost hails Buhari for support to Ebonyi Federal Agric College
- NAN Correspondent organises unity football competition to boost unity in Nasarawa state
- Buhari condoles with UAE president over brother’s death
- Nigeria retains 95,000 slots for pilgrims in 2020 hajj – NAHCON
- NGO treks 3km to create awareness against sexual violence, women trafficking
- Residents of Ajeromi-Ifelodun LGA commend Nigeria Navy, Pakistan Navy medical collaboration
- Ajanaku, a great politician, democrat – Buhari
- Ekiti LG poll witnesses low turnout
- Buratai inaugurates multi-million Naira projects in Depot, NMS
- Christmas Carol: Naval officers,NOWA pray for Nigeria, leadership, Armed Forces
- Anambra Sports Development Commission tasks public on regular exercise
- Lack of synergy responsible for Nigeria’s loss at IMO council election – operators
- Gov. Abiodun appoints Chokor Head of Service
- NTIC students donate Christmas gifts to sick children at LASUTH
- RIFAN recovers N35m CBN ABP loan in Niger
- Lekki residents protest against proposed location of 5-storey school building in residential estate
- Lawmaker urges waste managers to ensure cleaner Lagos
- Army conducts free medical outreach in 3 Enugu communities
- Wabote lists benefits of NLNG Train 7
- Group seeks participation of more women in farming
- Aguleri community builds unity centre worth N150m
- Eye centre performs 900 operations in 12 months
- Transport strikes continue in France amid fresh lorry blockades
- IPPIS: NECA urges FG, ASUU to initiate industrial relations process to resolve disagreement
- Former head of state, Abdulsalami underscores importance of traditional institutions
- UniJos graduates 11, 431 students, 74 first class, 97 PhDs
- Institute concludes environmental impact survey of Lagos, makes recommendations
- Sowore: Rights commission urges law enforcement officials to respect law