Some blue chips on Friday posted price depreciation on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) forcing the crucial market indicators to drop further by 0.27 per cent.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Nigerian Breweries topped the losers chart dropping by N3.15 to close at N75 per share.
Dangote Flour trailed with a loss of 90k to close at N10.45, while Guaranty Trust Bank was down by 35k to close at N37.30 per share.
Consequently, the All-Share Index which opened 31,924.51 lost 85.55 points or 0.27 per cent to 31,924.51 compared with 32,010.06 achieved on Thursday.
Also, the market capitalisation shed N32 billion or 0.27 per cent to close at N11.905 trillion against N11.937 trillion posted on Thursday.
On the other hand, PZ Cussons led the gainers’ table, growing by 55k to close at N11.65 per share.
Zenith Plc followed with a gain of 35k to close at N24.95, while AfriPrudential Registrar gained 19k to close at N4.80 per share.
Oando added 10k to close at N5.70, while United capital appreciated by 7k to close at N3.07 per share.
Sovereign Trust Insurance was the most active stock trading 62.38 million shares worth N15.62 million.
Zenith Bank followed with an account of 46.69 million shares valued at N1.16 billion, while FBN Holdings traded 16.75 million shares worth N136.73 million.
Diamond Bank sold 12.65 million shares valued at N31.23 million, while United Bank for Africa exchanged 12.93 million shares worth N91.88 million.
In all, investors bought and sold 233.29 million shares valued at N2.27 billion traded in 3,110 deals.
This was against a turnover of 218.89 million shares worth N2.74 billion exchanged in 3,519 deals on Thursday.
- Eid-el-Maulud: MURIC urges youth to embrace FG’s SIP
- Verdict: Oyo APC lauds Appellate Court, urges calm
- Rotaract Club donates hospital items to Ojodu Lagos PHC
- Niger Govt. reinvigorates school sports to engage youths meaningfully
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy