The Chairman, Edo Sports Commission, Godwin Dudu-Orumen, has assured that adequate training and early camping would be given to the state athletes ahead of the National Sports Festival (NSF) tagged, “Benin 2020”.
Dudu-Orumen made the assertion while speaking to the Nigeria News Agency on Friday in Benin, saying that adequate training and early camping would be given top priority.
“We will ensure that all athletes to represent the state are properly trained; we are working on engaging first class trainers to come and help train our athletes ahead of the competition.
“Like I said earlier, we will camp them adequately, and provide them with modern training kits.
“And I will assure you that government is responding to the Organising Committee for new buses and other facilities that will help do the state proud will be provided for them.
“Team Edo will adequately be provided for, and of course we are going to have a platform for preparation for the team,’’ he said.
The chairman assured that the state government would ensure that anybody who represents the state and does well would be adequately compensated.
(Edited by Idonije Obakhedo)
- Nigeria-India trade relations thrived amid COVID-19 – Envoy
- Fintiri mourns ex-gov., Juta, declares 3 days mourning
- A’ Ibom Govt. sensitises 948 flood prone coastal villages
- UAE donates 7.5 tonnes of medical supplies to Nigerian Govt.
- Police arrest human trafficking kingpin in Katsina State
- Lagos-Ibadan Rail to begin operations with 16 trips daily – NRC
- Our borrowings are justified – FG says
- Military airstrike hits bandits’ camp, kills scores in Kaduna forest
- Ondo State governorship election: APC inaugurates national campaign council
- Number of migrants landing in Italy more than doubles in past year