South Korean President Moon Jae said on Monday that talks were expected to take place on Sunday, with their focus being a lasting peace through the “complete denucleariasation’’ of the Korean peninsula – in effect meaning North Korea’s nuclear disarmament.
The meeting is also expected to strengthen the alliance of the U.S. and South Korea.
Trump is reportedly considering a visit to the demilitarised zone (DMZ) between North and South Korea, sparking speculation of a meeting between him, Moon, and North Korean leader Kim Jong at the border village of Panmunjom.
There were no plans yet for such a meeting, South Korean news agency Yonhap quoted a civil servant of the presidential office as saying.
Negotiations regarding North Korea’s nuclear weapons have stalled and tensions between the two countries have been rising since February’s summit between Kim and Trump in Hanoi ended without result, though the pair recently exchanged letters.
- NIS inaugurates e-registration of foreign nationals in Sokoto
- Nasarawa Speaker hails Gov Sule’s victory at Appeal Court
- Stakeholders to converge on Abuja for UHC Nov. 13 – Sen Oloriegbe
- Minister says sanitation crisis if allowed may undermine SDG 2030
- Former U.S. president Jimmy Carter recovering after surgery
- Unity Colleges: Federal Ministry of Education calls on principals to step up leadership roles
- FCT board to begin 10 days measles, Meningitis `A’ vaccination on Nov. 16
- Macron right on EU membership rules, says North Macedonian president
- S. Africa ready for e-visa system to attract more tourists
- Uganda’s Magala talks tough as Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship gets underway in Abuja
- Lagos Government pledges patronage of local boat manufacturers
- Minister harps on evolving science, technologies to improve innovations
- Police task hoteliers on security measures during Yuletide
- I will recover Bayelsa’s looted funds if voted –DPC governorship candidate
- Borno bans illegal motor parks to curb crimes
- Hundreds of traders protest demolition of Ikosi/Isheri market in Lagos
- INEC ready for Kogi,Bayelsa poll says Chairman
- Progressive governance involves provision of education, jobs, healthcare – Osinbajo
- Minimum wage: Labour tasks legislature on implementation in Kwara
- Ondo State Govt. to partner with NGOs on sports development