The Correspondents Chapel of Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Sokoto State Council, on Sunday commiserated with Gov. Aminu Tambuwal over the death of his childhood friend and political ally, Alhaji Inuwa Abdulkadir.
The council conveyed its sympathy to the governor in a statement by its Chairman, Malam Habibu Harisu, and Secretary, Mr Ankeli Emmanuel.
The News Agency of Nigeria , reports that Abdulkadir died on Monday July 6, in Sokoto at the age of 54 after a brief illness.
The deceased was a former commissioner in Sokoto state, a former minister for Youth and Sports Development, erstwhile National Vice Chairman (North-West) of All Progressives Congress (APC), among others.
The Chapel described the death as a great loss to Sokoto State and the entire Nigeria.
It said Abdulkadir was a courageous and hardworking person who lived an exemplary life.
The union prayed to Allah to grant him Aljanna and his family the fortitude to bear the loss.
Edited By: Joe Idika/Donald Ugwu (NAN)
- ICRC, FRSC to establish safe driving academies
- France pays tribute to aid workers killed in Niger
- Police arrest father for alleged incarceration of 30-year-old son
- Election: Stay to defend your vote, Obaseki tells electorate
- Federal lawmaker commends Buhari over loan initiative
- FRSC decries rising spate of car theft in Jos
- Enugu state govt. demolishes twin duplex for blocking waterway
- Plateau South Senatorial by-election: PDP urges free, fair poll
- Ohakim, Obinna, others eulogize late former Imo HoS, Ndugbu
- COVID-19 worsens unemployment in Q2 – Uwaleke