NWFL board expresses shock over Nasarawa Amazons chairman’s death
The Board of the Nigeria Women Football League (NWFL) has expressed shock over the death of the Chairman, Nasarawa Amazons Football Club of Lafia, Audu Gwom-Mama.
Aisha Falode, the NWFL Chairperson, in a statement issued in Lagos on Monday on behalf of the board, players and officials, condoled with the family of the late chairman.
Gwom-Mama, popularly called ‘Go Mama’ by his players, until his death was a first class paramount ruler in Nasarawa State.
According to Falode “the enthusiastic chairman of Nasarawa Amazons who during his lifetime demonstrated great passion for women’s football, will be greatly missed by the club and indeed the women’s football stakeholders.
“The NWFL board will greatly miss Alhaji Nuhu, for his support and encouragement. He was in Benin City, Edo State when Nasarawa Amazons won the NWPL title in 2017.
“He wanted to come to Lagos in January during the second edition of the Super 4 but was stopped by his poor health. He was a great football administrator and lover of women’s football.
“May his soul rest in peace,” Falode,” said. (NNN)
Edited by Celine-Damilola Celine/Maharazu Ahmed
- One year anniversary: Makinde distributes seedlings, herbicides to Oyo farmers
- Spotlight: U.S. racial wound worsens as coronavirus claims over 100,000 lives
- Libya extends curfew over COVID-19 for 10 days
- Bolsonaro under pressure over his Trump-following route
- India’s western Maharashtra state sees daily record of 105 COVID-19 deaths
- Trump to issue executive order on social media — reports
- India’s COVID-19 death toll rises to 4,531 as total cases reach 158,333
- Nigeria records 389 new cases of COVID-19, highest daily figure ever, NCDC says
- New Zealand job numbers fall sharply
- Libya reports highest daily increase in COVID-19 cases
- New Zealand confirms no new case of COVID-19 for 6 consecutive days
- S.Korean president’s approval rating stays high at 61.5 pct: poll
- Australian authorities baffled over death of 30-year-old man with COVID-19
- News Corp Australia announces shutdown of over 100 print titles in major digital shift
- Armed man shot dead by police on busy Australian freeway
- S.Korea cuts interest rate to new record low of 0.50 pct over COVID-19
- S.Korea cuts interest rate to all-time low of 0.50 pct over COVID-19
- APEC senior officials hold virtual discussions on cooperation for economic recovery from COVID-19
- Russia postpones SCO, BRICS summits amid COVID-19 pandemic
- S.Korea reports 79 more COVID-19 cases, 11,344 in total