The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) says it has not released any date for the commencement of online registration in respect of 2020 Batch “A” Orientation programme.
Mrs Adenike Adeyemi, Director, Press and Public Relations of the scheme made this known in a statement on Monday in Abuja.
According to her, the NYSC management did not issue an advertorial for the commencement of the registration.
She said that the purported advertorial was the handiwork of fraudsters to extort prospective corps members.
”It is the handiwork of fraudsters intended to mislead the public, with extortion of prospective corps members as the end point.
”It is imperative to state that the scheme is yet to release the dates for the activities.
” There are processes to observe in conjunction with the scheme’s major stakeholders before the dates are announced,” she said.
Adeyemi said that once the activities are scheduled, the public would be duly notified through advertorials in both the print and social media.
According to her, members of the public, particularly prospective corps members should disregard the fake advertorial in its entirety.
Edited by: Kamal Tayo Oropo/Maharazu Ahmed
- NSCDC pledges maximum support to Amotekun in Oyo state
- FG to pay June hazard allowance of medical workers from Aug. 10
- Northern Governors condemn attacks in Southern Kaduna
- NAFDAC advises careful examination of products before buying
- Ooni tasks govt on food security as Ife celebrate yam festival
- Insecurity: CSOs call FG to intensify effort to allow farmers access farmlands
- COVID 19: Foundation begins online medical intervention
- COVID-19: PTF reverts govt working hours to 8a.m. to 4p.m. for GL 12 upward
- NIPC boss considers Shoprite strategic investment in Nigeria
- UNDP, EU want strong legislation to end rape, violence against women