The technical committee on a new master plan for Offa on Wednesday solicited the support of the Olofa of Offa, Oba Mufutau Gbadamosi, in producing a reliable document for Offa town, headquarters of Offa Local Government Area of Kwara.
Olorunfemi, who spoke at the palace of the Olofa, solicited the support of the traditional ruler to enable the committee succeed in its task.
According to him, the new master plan would bring more social and economic development to the ancient town.
He noted that the committee could not single handedly produce the proposed master plan for Offa without inputs from the Olofa and other stakeholders.
Gbadamosi, in his remarks, lauded the foresight of the state government under the leadership of Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq in producing a new master plan for the town
The monarch urged the members of the committee to justify the confidence reposed in them by producing a master plan for Offa that would further develop the town.
He assured the committee of his support and that of the entire Offa community, believing that the outcome would bring a new look to the ancient town.
Bolaji Edun, the Director General of the Bureau of Lands and a member of the committee, gave an assurance that the committee would ensure that it met government’s target
Watch Live News
- LASEMA calls for integrity test, as building collapses in Lagos
- NNPC to hands off refineries after rehabilitation –Kyari
- Buratai visits troops’ locations in NE
- Greece cracks down on domestic travel, steps up police enforcement
- COVID-19: Gov. Yahaya lauds Gombe youths for producing ventilator
- UN chief defends WHO after criticism from Trump, says probe possible
- COVID-19: DisCos support move to give 2 months free electricity to consumers
- COVID-19: NCDC pledges further technical assistance to Enugu
- Serbian president’s son hospitalised after catching coronavirus
- Real Madrid players agree to 10 to 20 percent wage cut