Ogbeh congratulates Buhari, assures growth in agric sector in second term
Chief Audu Ogbeh, the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, has congratulated President Muhammadu Buhari on his victory and re-election at the Feb. 23 Presidential and National Assembly elections.
A statement by Mr. Mohammed Nakorji, the Director Information in the ministry on Friday in Abuja, also assured citizens that the ministry would consolidate on its achievements in the president’s second tenure.
Ogbeh said that Buhari’s second term in office would move the country’s agriculture sector to the next level.
“The president’s victory at the poll did not come as a surprise especially with the giant strides recorded in the nation’s agriculture sector, particularly the rice revolution among others,’’ he said.
Buhari won the keenly contested presidential election defeating his closest opponent, Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
The president polled 15, 191,847 votes to defeat Abubakar who polled 11,262,978 votes. (NNN)
Edited by Julius Toba-Jegede
- Ndume asks Buhari to assent to Peace Corps Bill
- Lagos BRT operator announces increase in fares
- Group seeks end to age-limit for women seeking assisted reproduction technology in Lagos
- Group honours Niger citizens killed in violence
- Don’t expose your children to cold during rainy season, Paediatrician warns parents
- ICPC investigating cases of COVID-19 fraud — official
- APC distributes palliatives to indigents, vulnerable in Ebonyi
- Court convicts 24 motorists in Imo for violating COVID-19 guidelines
- Thai-Malaysian border shuts again after reports of new COVID-19 cases
- Africa’s COVID-19 cases hit 123,000 – WHO
- COVID-19: Katsina builds 722-bed capacity isolation centres – Masari
- Old students donate N1m to Plateau COVID-19 fund
- COVID-19: NHIS donates PPE to Police
- Revised 2020 budget: Buhari seeks Senate approval for $5.513bn external loans
- Rwandan top genocide fugitive gets life sentence
- English Premier League to restart on June 17
- I-G orders deployment of 11 CPs to states, formations
- Abacha Loot III: Ministry of Justice opens technical bid for implementation monitoring
- Somalia confirms 97 new COVID-19 cases as tally hits 1,828
- One in two Germans regards electric scooters on public roads as “distraction”: survey