The Ogun government on Thursday said it issued over 7,694 Certificates of Occupancy under the “Home Owner Charter Programme” to land owners in the state between January and June.
Mr David Alao, the Director in charge of Statistics, Ministry of Finance, disclosed this while playing host to members of the state House of Assembly Committee on Finance and Appropriation who were on oversight visit to the ministry.
Alao said that since the commencement of the Home Owner Charter Programme in 2014, more than 31, 728 title documents had been issued to qualified residential property owners in the state.
He added that the state government had been able to provide residential owners in the state title documents without the statutory fines or penalties for their illegal buildings.
Alao explained that the ministry had been able to carry on with the haulage harmonisation activities centrally and also monitor the state’s revenue activities.
Defending the budget of the Office of the Accountant General, Mr Michael Idowu, the state’s Accountant General, stated that all salaries and allowances, including pension of all MDAs, had been processed and paid as and when due.
Idowu explained that all revenue and expenditure of MDAs had been fully reconciled while all the accounts had also been adequately captured and prepared.
He also disclosed that the office generated N185.2 million from administration fees and charges in the period under review.
“Effective monitoring of government revenue through daily, weekly and monthly revenue reconciliation has assisted in preventing revenue leakages.
“Field vehicles are required for effective monitoring of MDAs and revenue collection,”he said.
In his response, the committee’s Chairman, Mr Olakunle Sobukanla, advised the finance ministry to ensure that everyone requesting for Certificate of Occupancy were taken care of.
Sobukanla noted that the visit was not meant to witch-hunt any agency, adding that the assembly would continue to support the MDAs to move the state forward .
- Troops rescue 31 women, children from Boko Haram terrorists in Borno
- U.S. firms dominate global sales of military equipment, services – Report
- Wild weather in New Zealand leaves 1,000 tourists stranded
- Saudi Arabia pledges more humanitarian support to Nigeria
- APC wins all 16 Chairmanship seats in Ekiti council poll
- Wike approves enrolment of more pensioners on payroll
- AFN: Shehu-Gusau vows to unravel corrupt practices
- Yoruba leaders want govt. to tackle unemployment
- Ekiti poll: Fayemi tasks police on killing
- Kwara lawmaker commends Lai Mohammed for uniting Igbomina people
- NPFL: Abia’s haul gives Sunshine maximum three points
- Osun United FC 0-3 loss to 3SC, a lesson- Omokaro
- Ibadan chief seeks investment in sports, donates $3,000 to 3SC
- Ganduje restates commitment to human rights protection
- Lack of labour-saving technology affecting women farmers’ health –SWOFON
- Nigeria qualifies for 2020 World Ultra Runners Championship
- CAF Cup: Enyimba defeats FC San Pedro, Morocco 1-0 to move to second position in Group B
- Get something doing, don’t be fulll time housewives, NGO tells women
- IPPIS: ASUU South East insists it will erode university autonomy
- Babcock varsity cardiac centre performs 300 open heart surgeries — VC
- NiMet predicts hazy, thundery weather conditions on Monday
- Air traffic engineers wants FG to invest more on cyber security
- Lagos Assembly will not repeal ex-govs’ pension law — Spokesperson
- PDP sweeps Adamawa LG election
- Empowering women means mobilising society for economic dev’t, says IHVN official
- Allow judiciary to operate freely, Archbishop Martins urges President Buhari
- Anglican communion bans brochure, `asoebi’ uniform during burials
- Nasarawa Govt. spends over N240m monthly to subsidise health services at specialist hospital- CMD
- ASUU in South East rejects IPPIS, says it will erode university autonomy
- Buhari pays tribute to Sarkin Malamai Gombe, Wabili
- Ex-FG Staff Housing Loan Board boss urges public servants to shun disruption
- Dabiri-Erewa hails Anthony Joshua’s boxing victory
- Bayelsa guber: Accept defeat, stop heating up polity, APC advises Gov. Dickson
- Thanksgiving: Cleric urges politicians to shun greed
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna
- Jos consumers urge Plateau Govt. to check re-bagging of local rice
- Association urges SSCOE management to address viral hate speech by lecturer
- Akeredolu appoints three new aides
- Illegal operation: Lagos Govt. seals 24 pharmacies, patent medicine stores
- Association appeals to Enugu govt. for regular payment of pension, gratuity of teachers
- 2020 budget: Reps minority caucus promises to monitor implementation
- Cassava production: Scientists meet in Tanzania to review progress
- Don calls for service to Allah, as OAU MSSN inaugurates new executives
- FGGC Yola old girls pass vote of confidence on Saromi
- NAF partners US DOD to enhance medical, casualty evacuation capabilities
- 19-year-old Yahoo boy sets girlfriend ablaze over lover
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna.
- Presidency dismisses insinuations over Sowore’s arrest, says Nigerians deserve peace
- Lagos Govt to launch App on annual cultural events
- Osinbajo to speak at UAE peace forum