Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta, on Thursday, congratulated his Bayelsa counterpart, Sen. Douye Diri, on his 61st birthday anniversary.
Okowa, in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Olisa Ifeajika in Asaba, extolled Diri for his contributions through service to the development of his state and country.
He said that Diri had since assumption of office demonstrated determination and was doing everything possible to achieve his #GreaterBayelsa vision.
“Your selfless and impressive start as Governor of Bayelsa have already distinguished you as an emerging nationalist and one to look out for in future political development of our country.
“For the few months you have been in the saddle, the people of Bayelsa can attest to your doggedness, commitment and steadfastness in state craftsmanship as exemplified in the achievements being recorded by the government under your watch.
“On behalf of my family, the government and people of Delta, I congratulate a gentleman of honour and integrity, a promising leader of this generation and a consummate politician of our time, Senator Douye Diri, on his 61st birth anniversary.
“Indeed, your emergence as governor of Bayelsa was miraculous and I urge you to continue to work hard for the good of the people of your state because God gave you the position to render service to your people.
“On this auspicious occasion of your 61st birth anniversary, I join your family, friends and well-wishers to thank Almighty God for your life which has been marked by God’s favour and outstanding accomplishments,” Okowa said..
- Army, DICON, security firm sign MoU on military equipment production
- FirstBank has processed N6trn transactions through FirstMonie network — Adeduntan
- INEC introduces election result viewing portal
- PenCom to initiate pension reform act 2014 review
- Religious, traditional leaders pledge support to fight rape, violence against women
- NIPC urges deep economic reforms to reverse 2020-2021 investment decline
- US agency warns hurricane season this year could be one of the worst
- INEC threatens to halt Edo, Ondo polls if there is violence
- Credible election in Edo will rekindle Nigerians’ hope- Secondus
- Around 40 migrants drown in shipwreck off Mauritanian coast