Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta has congratulated the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III, who turned 63 years on Aug. 24.
The governor felicitations was conveyed in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Olisa Ifeajika, on Sunday in Asaba.
He commended the Sultan for his untiring efforts at promoting and advancing the cause of peace, unity and positive development in the country.
Okowa said that Nigerians at all levels appreciated the Sultan for his immense contributions toward building bridges of unity and peaceful coexistence among the citizenry.
“My family, the Government and people of Delta felicitate with you, the Sokoto Emirate Council, the Government and people of Sokoto State on the occasion of your 63rd birthday anniversary.
“Your usual timely and wise counseling on national issues keeps us, leaders, in check at all times.
“We acknowledge your exemplary role as head of Jama’atu Nasril Islam (JNI), President-General of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) and co-Chairman of Nigeria Inter-Religious Council (NIREC).
“As you continue to use your exalted throne to promote peace, unity and positive development in the Caliphate and across our nation, be rest assured of the support, partnership and cooperation of the government and people of Delta.”
Okowa prayed that Almighty Allah would grant the Sultan more years of good health to continue in his many services to the nation.
- Buhari greets Gov. Aminu Masari at 70
- COVID-19: Embrace backyard farming to avoid hunger – agric economist tells Nigerians
- National Day of Mourning: CSOs in Kwara seek end to incessant killings
- Feature: Released Taliban prisoners look forward to peace in Afghanistan
- Businessman begs court not to grant wife’s prayer for divorce
- Bangladesh to resume work under strict guidelines despite COVID-19 worries
- Belgian Cup final back on and set for Aug. 1
- CBN to empower 11,250 wet season farmers in Adamawa
- Brazil’s confirmed COVID-19 cases rises to 411,821
- Interview: Cambodia-China joint COVID-19 fight reflects bond of true friendship, solidarity: Cambodian deputy PM
- C/River demolishes buildings of suspected kidnappers
- COVID-19: FCT enforcement team shuts bars, arrests 8 violators for impersonating army officers
- COVID-19: NCAA issues new protocols for Nigerian airlines
- COVID-19: Zamfara governor’s wife donates preventive items to women
- Kuwait records 24,112 COVID-19 cases, 185 deaths
- Siblings battle over burial rites of mother in Benue
- Oyo State Assembly holds valedictory sitting for late commissioner
- Assessing disruptive effects of COVID-19 on culture
- Court convicts 2 for stealing electrical appliances
- Austrian Airlines set to resume flights from June 15