Okunomo, while speaking with newsmen in Okitipupa on Sunday, said that his quest for the governorship ambition was to improve the standard of living of the masses.
He promised to execute people-oriented programmes and make sure the masses became part of the decision making in piloting the affairs of the state.
“I want to assure the masses that their lives will improve better if I become the flagbearer of my party and eventually win the governorship election.
“I have picked the expression of interest form yesterday in Akure and I will also be the first to obtain the nomination form which will be advertised next week,” Okunomo.said.
He, however, sought for the cooperation of the masses to ensure that he won the PDP primaries, as well as the state governorship election.
Edited By: Kamal Tayo Oropo/Donald Ugwu (NAN)
- Students urge FG to take proactive measures for schools reopening
- NSCDC Commandant General gives N.8m to families of deceased officers in Ondo State
- Ebonyi inaugurates committee to recruit 13,000 for FG’s Special Works Programme
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Manchester City aren’t the only big spenders —- Guardiola
- Lunguda/Waja unrest: Adamawa deputy governor calls for peace
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Ronaldo draws blank as Sassuolo hold jittery Juventus
- Kaduna Govt to upgrade ICT infrastructure in tertiary institutions -Commissioner
- Environmentalist ticks out govt. for inability to enforce environmental policies