Ondo APC councillorship aspirants demand refund of N122m nomination form fees
The Conference of All Progressives Congress (APC) Councillorship Aspirants (CACA) in Ondo State has appealed to the party leadership in the state to refund N122 million collected for nomination forms from candidates for the councillorship election in 2018.
Their Spokesperson, Mr Orire Akindona, made the appeal in Akure on Wednesday in a statement.
The aspirants are about 1,015 with an average of five aspirants from each of the 203 wards across the 18 local government areas of the state.
Akindona alleged that in September 2018, the Ondo State Independent Electoral Commission (ODIEC) announced that the Local Government Area Council elections would hold on Dec. 1, 2018.
He alledged that the state party Chairman, Mr Ade Adetimehin, asked all the interested party members to obtain nomination forms at the rate of N100,000 and pay party development fee of N20,000 each.
“We have it on good authority, with our statistics that an average of five aspirants obtained the nomination forms from each of the 203 wards across the state which accumulates to over 1,015 aspirants.
“But to our surprise, there was no primary elections by the party, let alone the anticipated local government election by ODIEC based on the party’s guidelines and ODIEC.
“Till date, there is no official statement either from ODIEC who are the appointees of Gov. Oluwarotimi Akeredolu or the Party Chairman, Mr Ade Adetimehin, why the election did not hold.
“We, therefore, appeal to state party Chairman, Mr Adetimehin, to kindly refund our money on or before the forthcoming House of Assembly election slated for March 9, 2019.
“Otherwise, we would ask all our followers not to participate in the election and report the matter to the National Working Committee through the National Chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomole,” he said.
Akindona, who reiterated the group’s commitment to the party, condemned the action of the state working committee of the party for collecting such a huge amount of money from suffering grassroot members of the party.
- Zamfara killings: Gov. Matawalle cancels planned trip to Germany
- 265 Enugu residents benefit from Nigerian Army medical outreach
- 2020 Olympics Qualifiers: D’Tigress lands in Pot 3
- Dubai urges African countries to rejig customs service
- Court to rule on Faisal Maina’s bail application Nov. 29
- 6 migrants found dead on Libyan shoreline, UN agency says
- Trump says ‘I want a trial,’ brushes off worries on impeachment
- Expert calls for establishment of specialised bank for healthcare industry
- 18 ships arrive Lagos ports, discharge petroleum products, food items
- NIPR inducts Delta Commissioner, 144 others as members in Asaba
- Court again adjourns arraignment of 57 for alleged Homosexuality
- Market liquidity: SEC engages PENCOM, AMCON on Securities Lending
- Appeal Court Judgment: Tambuwal dedicates victory to God
- College drags ex-student to court over alleged defamation
- Pope says technology, globalisation endanger youth individuality
- Army war college graduates 66 officers in course 3
- Entire world waiting on Africa for creative tourism – tourism development expert
- Reps C’ttee lauds Adebayo
- Anambra FRSC begins night patrol, arrests 15 trucks for alleged overloading
- Anambra: FRSC commences night patrol, arrests 15 trucks, buses for overloading, extra light
- Yuletide: Fashola tasks stakeholders, housing controllers on results
- Prompt response from Navy Fire Unit saves lives, properties
- FRSC tightens noose on corrupt personnel
- Kogi election: Coalition urges INEC to create more polling units
- Kebbi Govt. sets up health committee to humanitarian crisis
- Igboeze South LG spends N250m to construct 1.5km road, others
- Customers express concerns on implementation of e-bills by Ikeja Electric
- DMO puts Nigeria’s debt profile at N25.7 trn
- 34 Ijegun residents benefit free medical surgeries, 350 from eye screening
- Zidane defends Bale after flag criticism
- Insecurity: Ex-Police I-G Abubakar calls for synergy between security agencies
- Buhari receives NIPSS Report on Universal Healthcare, pledges action
- 2 protesters killed, 25 injured in Baghdad unrest
- Banky W announce return to music with new album in 2020
- Liverpool manager Klopp sweating on Salah fitness ahead of Palace trip
- Navy hands over smuggled rice, vegetable oil to customs
- Market closure: We lost over N500m, Kaduna traders cry out
- China reiterates commitment to cultural relations with Nigeria
- NPC begins 2019 VASA survey in Gombe, solicits stakeholders’ support
- Wellness expert advises Nigerians on healthy lifestyle to reduce stress
- Hong Kong mask ban temporarily returns as court reviews law
- 1072 persons benefits from Foundation’s free eye care in Edo
- 2 car dealers docked over alleged N800, 000 fraud
- Pope Francis urges Catholics to promote faith in Buddhist Thailand
- Polio immunisation: Kano targets over 3m children -Commissioner
- Man in court for allegedly stealing snail, bitter cola
- NGO trains 50 litreracy facilitators in Ebonyi
- Traditional ruler appeals to FG to accord priority to roads across Nigeria
- Agege council to build artistes’ village to engage talented youths
- Yuletide: Enugu CP urges synergy among security agencies